1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slowly coming to realization

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AriKari, Feb 18, 2018.

1. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Though I'm still not clear about why I feel this way, I'm just about ready to start actually experimenting with my gender. I don't want to tell anyone else before I tell my mom. She'll be back in town at the end of march so then I can finally sit down and talk to her about this. She's my very best friend and she's never not supported me the best she could, so I think it's time I at least tell her what's going on. I can't keep living the way I've been living. I've been wearing a bra and cami for the last 4 or 5 days. I just got a cardigan and cute top with an owl outlined in gold. (All in black so I can hide my shoulders somewhat.) I continue wearing these clothes around the house. They make me feel a bit more comfortable, and I'm getting used to and really liking the idea of breasts. I've been unsure about all of this, again, for a while, and now I'm back in girl mode, although not publicly. Coming out over and over is terrifying, and I'm at a new job as of 2 months ago. Been a bit confused on my sexuality which I keep relating to my gender, which I think is slightly justified given hormones and all that jazz, as well as my own personal situation. I think I'm closer to bi than I've realized (like 75% gay/ 25% bi/pan.) although I still feel like i should and would naturally be in a relationship with a guy, attracting and talking to girls comes more naturally to me, but often i think it's because that's the way society has also taught me to be. the reason i bring any of that up in a gender post is because lately I've been making ties, accurate or not is another story, to my feelings about my gender, specifically in a mtf context. I, myself, don't "feel like a trans woman," if that makes sense. I'm now 24 and have only been questioning my gender in the last 4 years, as well as confronting my sexuality. I don't know why I feel this way, but I do feel like I would be overall less angry and stressed out regarding my gender if I transitioned. I feel like I could, for the most part, put this to rest. I don't think these questions are ever going to end, so I think I need to finally address this. I don't where I'm going to end up but I should probably start figuring it out. the way I've been living isn't healthy. I'm going to die younger as a stressed out male, than I would as a transitioned female. I'm afraid of what all of this means, but I'm trying to stay positive.

2. Claire2

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    As a androgynous girl that feels very close to non-binarity (but does not want to change pronouns or anything because it's too complicated), I understand some of your struggles. For me, if you really think you would be better with a transition, you should just do it. But I am not an expert so you can take it or leave it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

P.S. If you want to talk, I'm here! Have a good day :slight_smile:

AriKari likes this.
  3. AriKari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I constantly go back and forth on my gender and I thought, only a few minutes ago, that I convinced that I was okay with the way I'm feeling, and I haven't been because I'm still not. I think I'm just finally realizing and generally getting to a point where I can't stand the questions all the time anymore. I can't handle it. It's so fucking annoying and frustrating. I just need to start social transition if I'm ever going to figure out whether or not I want to move forward with hormones. I don't know if I'm ready for this but I gotta know. I just don't know what else to do.

You have a good day as well :slight_smile: I have to go back to work tomorrow. blah. lol

#3 AriKari, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018