1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual with Heavy Female Preference or Lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by griffout, Feb 18, 2018.

1. griffout

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My name is Clarke, I'm a sixteen-year-old girl, and I've known I'm not straight since I was around 7. For awhile, I've believed I'm bisexual and classified myself as such. I've always had a heavy attraction to females and I came to the conclusion that it was just a heavy preference to females (trans and nb included). However, for the past few months, I've began to wonder whether I find men attractive at all. I used to have celebrity male crushes when I was younger, whatever you can think of. But now? I don't really see them attractive at all. I can't imagine myself marrying a man when I'm older, I can't imagine myself becoming intimate with a man, I just don't... see it?

My friends at school always discuss their boyfriends and while I'm currently in a relationship with someone, it's via the internet. They go by he/him pronouns, but were born a female and have no intention of transitioning anytime soon, which makes things slightly more confusing for me mentally.

I guess I just need a little guidance because frankly, I am lost.

2. AbsoluteNerd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, you've come to the right place. Unfortunately, no one can tell you for certain what your sexuality is except you. What we can and will do is try to help you find the answer. I myself am bi, with a heavy preference for the ladies, but I know I'm bi because I've had intense attraction to guys in the past. You mentioned not really having felt anything for guys except celebrity crushes, so that may not work for you. The other thing is, you don't necessarily need a label. It is perfectly acceptable to say, "I like who I like," and leave it at that. Hope I helped some!

3. Nils

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This might help you out.

It's pretty hard for bi/lesbian women to find out if their attraction to men is genuine or not, since society kind of pummels into us that attraction to men is what we're supposed to feel. And also that dating/being with men is supposed to be emotionally unrewarding, which makes lesbians dating men think 'this is how it's supposed to be!' and not realize something is wrong sooner.

Cashew likes this.