1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm almost ready..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Blueline, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Blueline

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I posted in here a few months back about coming out to a co worker. I've come out to him, and since then I have come out to another friend of mine. I've been dating a man now for about a month, and it seems to be going well so far. My next step.. letting everyone know. Mind everyone I'm a little older. I'm 29 years old, and I still have some road blocks. I'm still not out to my family, or even my best friend which yes, baffles me. I just feel like I'm at a point where I feel I need to just let everyone know just to function. I'm just exhausted of not being true to myself, my feelings on topics. I feel like I'm just at the point of just screaming it out to everyone. Lol I don't want to do it this way. It's not really a fear of being judged anymore, it's just the matter of just having known so long and not saying anything. I just want to be apart of so many things in the community, and I still have not gotten this experience as of yet. I also want to come out fully for the man I do pretty much consider my boyfriend at this point. So any tips would be nice. Lol

2. Class Act

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A friend told me once that it can feel like you have to tell a lot of people at once, but don't feel pressured. I personally have come out to a good number of people, but I always started with "this is my thing, that I have to go through, if I feel like they aren't going to be able to support me, I may need to wait until I'm in a stronger place myself". im still in that stage, which is why I still haven't told my parents.

But with others, i don't see disclosing that I'm gay or coming out to them as obligatory, if it comes up, it comes up... but I don't go out of my way to tell people. When asked about if I had a girlfriend... I used to respond ambiguously with "no, I'm not seeing anyone" but now I just say... "well about that..." and just tell them, if I don't think it's going to be a big deal. I wish it could be that easy with my parents