1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs of a homophobic community?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Caecilian65, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Caecilian65

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Everyone,

So I have been living in this town for over a year now but I still feel I know no one. I don't really talk to anyone although I did join a community group not that I feel very comfortable in it. At least I'm learning something.

Now though I will be out of work and I am concerned that I won't get a job because of my orientation. Yay, without my saying anything over half the town knows. No matter how good I am at my job which I'm not sure about either..

Most likely they'll use another reason but it doesn't help that I am a but different to people here and have no family relations.

Think that's all...any help?

Cheers
    Caecilian65

PS. Am in Australia in the sunshine state

2. Glitters

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is probably too obvious of a question, but why don't you move? (I'm assuming you have a reason.) In a town so small, if you already don't have a lot of good connections, there won't be any good in staying. Your orientation aside, it'll be hard to find happiness when you are uncomfortable in the community. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

3. Caecilian65

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't move because i don't know where else to go and I don't want to get back to where i grew up. I still have a job here till April. Although from March i will be sticking it out living in my car.

Just with anxiety and social awkwardness (at least i think thats what i have/do) I find it hard to make connections anyway. I find it hard to get work too but thats another story.

I also feel like it is easier to hide away in some wilderness here than in the city.

Ok back to brushcutting.