1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I finally decided to post my introduction

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by callistia, Feb 9, 2018.

1. callistia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, everyone! I guess I should stop being so perfectionistic about my introduction and just actually post it. Well, here goes nothing!

I read about EC in an article while I was browsing the internet. I decided to check it out, and I'm really glad that I did. Honestly, it was amazing and inspiring to see so many helpful, friendly, open-minded people on this site who were just willing to talk and give advice. It's pretty nice to have a place where everyone can feel comfortable talking and expressing themselves. Now I'm here, hoping to make some friends as well as getting (and maybe eventually giving) some advice when needed.

Since this is an introduction, I guess I should probably say a few quick things about myself. My favorite genre is science fiction (especially books that talk about the future of medicine and/or space travel and other planets). I like taking nature photos as well as writing poetry. I also recently got a PC (mainly for photo processing/editing), so I'm hoping to try out a few games that I've been wanting to play (I'm open to suggestions, though).

I suppose that's it for now. Thank you to everyone on EC for being here and being willing to talk!

2. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome!

I haven't been here too terribly long, but so far, I'd say you're correct about this site. I've found people here to be rather friendly and helpful when I've needed advice. I hope that you enjoy it here, and maybe even make a friend or two.

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, callistia! :sunglasses:
    Welcome to EC! I hope you find this place to be useful and supportive to you! Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :thumbsup:

4. seeastar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! If you ever want to talk, I would be happy to get to know you!

5. spartafc

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome, Callistia! Have you ever read any of James S. A. Corey's The Expanse series? It's really, really good. There are a number of queer characters (some incidental and some fairly major) in a number of the books.

6. callistia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't read that series, but the name sounds kind of familiar. I'll be sure to check it out on my next bookstore trip. :slight_smile: