1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Dysphoria Test

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sota, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I took "gender dysphoria test" online. I was 99% honest with my answers. I just wonder is it actualy real. You can see the test here (40 questions). I took every test that i found on internet and every one would show the same. Here are the results that i got when i finished the test.

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if this test is approved by professionals, but this one seemed reasonable and logical.

#2 Mihael, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Sota and DarkWhite like this.
  3. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I
    I'd say that too.

4. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I also took a lot of these tests when I was first questioning. In hindsight, a lot of them rely on useless stereotypes (“girl” and “boy” toys, liking dresses or power tools, etc... when many cis and trans folks go against these stereotypes) and ask questions that aren’t directly linked to being trans (family history and dynamics, for example.... although some of these questions can still be useful to think about).

I would say tests like this are not a diagnostic tool, but can still be useful as a prompt to think about different aspects of your identity and confirm your own thoughts. Thinking over the questions gives you the chance to consider various parts of yourself separately and come to a conclusion. I’m sure before you clicked the “finish” button, you already had in mind what answer you wanted to see. Then on seeing the results, do you feel a sense of “That’s definitely wrong, there’s no way!”— or “Well, I guess it must be true then.”— or “I knew it!”— or even “Oh... I was hoping it would say something else...”. That reaction is more telling, to my mind, than what the test itself says.

5. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For sure, i knew what the result would be. It's maybe because the test is based on YES/NO answers so it was simple to predict. I wasn't just going randomly yes/no, i took the test few times and every time my answers were the same. However there are more things related to gender dysphoria and i know that this kind of tests are not 100% true but it's worth trying. It's obvious that a cis person (if have taken that test) wouldn't get same/similar "score" as someone who expiriences gender dysphoria.