1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling embarrassingly inexperienced for my age

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kitkat0826, Jan 16, 2018.

1. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are the reasons you think you are so difficult to be in a relationship with? Can you share any of them here?

2. Confoozed

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    People usually just don't get me.
    My medical/ mental problems also doesn't help.
    I can be really clingy like give you no space clingy.
    I'm quite childish and impulsive so that really annoys many.
    I really struggle with showing emotions so others might take that the wrong way.
    I'm just really misinterpreted (my intentuons) like allll the time.
    I'm depressed and that annoys people.
    I'm moody and temperamental.
    I'm extremely emotionally neeeeedy because I've lacked that my whole life.
    There's probably more but I can't think right now...

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are your medical/mental problems things you are being treated for?

I think a lot of what you consider to be issues are totally things that with the right person you can work on.

I can be clingy but I think feeling comfortable with a partner and secure can totally help progress through that.

My girlfriend can be childish and she loves spontinaity so I don't think that means you can't be in a relationship. Sure not everyone will love it but plenty of people won't have a problem with it.

Showing emotions can be tough especially when you have depression and you don't feel you are worthy but again this is totally something that can be worked on with a partner. You can't expect to be perfect straight away or for it to become easy but you can get there.

What do you think is the most common way people misinterpret your intentions?

Are you seeing someone about being depressed?

Why do you think you are moody and temperamental do you think this is related to your depression?

You can find someone to fill your emotional need and sure you won't be everyone's cup of tea but then nobody is. Honestly there is someone out there for you.
    Tell me some of your good qualities.

4. Confoozed

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes and no I'm still in the process of getting diagnosed.

Maybe on the clingy part but I don't have relationship experience so I don't know if that'll fade when feeling secure because I'm pretty insecure too.

I hope there are more people like you that accept such people's sometimes craziness.

Yah but I feel as if they'll have a hard time loving me since showing emotions is important in a relationship. This person really has to be patient and be able to change me.

Like I come off as sarcastic to them even if I don't mean to hurt them.

I was but they mostly just put me on meds for it but that will probably get dealt with when I get my diagnosis.

Maybe depression but also I have really messed up hormones and that certainly doesn't help.

Geez someone to fill my emotional need sounds so like taking advantage of the person to fill what's missing from my past I wouldn't wanna do that.

Well I guess I can be caring more so of others than myself, I have a LOOOOOOOOT of love to give because I'm so lonely. I guess compassionate, kind, loyal ya...

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure you are worried about still being clingy even if you feel secure that's only natural but that's because you can't imagine feeling secure.

I am definitely not on my own in being accepting. The thing is everyone is accepting of different things, there are things that I see in other people's relationships which I couldn't imagine myself be able to put up with but at the same time I am sure others look at mine and think the same.

Showing emotion is important but it's not 0 to 100 at the flick of a switch you have to get to know someone and open up to them a bit at a time. The don't have to change you they just have to be patient and supportive whilst you change yourself.

It sounds like more progress will be able to be made once you get your diagnosis and stuff sorted out at least then you will know what you are dealing with.

Someone filling your emotional needs is not about taking advantage of them, part of a relationship is filling needs of the other, you will be filling needs within your partner as well, it's all about give and take.

Exactly you have things to offer too.

6. Confoozed

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks sooooo much for your time and advice you were really helpful I actually feel a lil better about being in a relationship thanks again:slight_smile:...

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anytime.

We all can continually work on ourselves to try and make ourselves better people but at the same time you have to believe that you deserve it.

Confoozed likes this.
  8. heyrita

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know why it is big deal if someone hasn't been in a relationship for as long as s/he lives. I believe that there's always a perfect time for everything. Just don't let get in to you, if that person really loves you then s/he will be there to teach you about love/life. You'll be fine.