1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting / seduction tips for someone timid

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Melin, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Melin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm socially confident, but very shy when it comes to flirting. And I need some flirting/seduction advice for a friend I really am besotted with who's socially quite timid, but very cocky when it comes to flirting with me which I find intimidating. AND he's not out yet, seems to be trying, and my intinct is that talking about it will make him run scared, so it has to be a move.

He lives eight hours away, which doesn't give us many chances to meet. He's coming to stay the weekend next month, and last time we both failed to make anything happen. I go for deep and meaningful intimate conversations, which he likes, and he flashes his body around a lot, which I don't have the confidence to respond to. It seems he struggles to trust and read people's intent towards him, so doesn't trust someone might like him, ie he's not confident i like him. And of course he's closetet so i,m scared to overstep the mark, disrespect his boundaries, and frighten him off. Especially when i think we've got a really good chance in the right situation. And as I said, I don't think talking it out will work.

So what are some tips?
    - alcohol
    - invade his space
    - touch when i can
    - go for walks and be romantic
    - imagine seducing him and kissing him to build my confidence
    - try n get confident to respond to his way of flirting, though i don't even know what that would look like
    - make a move and if he freaks out just back off, not talk much about it, and then let him realise it,s his turn to sort out and make a move

Any winning, even basic tips out there? The guys driving me mad, so i do want to miss this chance and have to go through the agony of waiting for the next visit. And I get, he's the clostet one and i'm the out one, so i get he's expecting me to take the lead, especially when he's so romantically timid.

2. TaintedOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sounds banal, but alcohol helped me alot. Untied our tongues and removed shyness.

Melin likes this.
  3. Melin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it help me and my last ex get together. We tend not to drink much together, so I guess it's creating a situation where we will.

4. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Invading space doesn't exactly give the impression of romanticism. Would rephrase that or change your intentions, depending on whether or not that was accurate to your plans.

Anyways if you like him flirting with you, then encourage it. Compliment him, maybe do some of the same, make sure he sees you admiring him.

Important: is he closeted to you? This may affect your future relationship prospects if you do manage to get something to happen.

#4 Humbly Me, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2018
    Melin likes this.
  5. Anon1201

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally alcohol has helped me be less timid and a bit more confident if you want to make a move like touching when you can and see how he responds. So I think alcohol can help like mentioned above and just try and look for cues as well.

6. Melin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. Yes, by invading space I just mean sitting closer than normal, bumping into each other, etc.

At the moment he is closetet to me. Well he's not mentioned either men or women, quite a feat, and when he's talked about past relationships it's been all gender neutral. But shared friends only know about previous women in his past. We've only met twice since working together, once for 5 hours in a bar which was great, and then he stayed over for 24hrs at mine. On day 2 he said that he'd only dated people cos he felt he should and he'd hoped something would develop and it never did. I was slow on the uptake and didn't pursue this, but later felt that was the beginning of him coming out to me. Or at least an easy place to start next time.

My instinct is he's scared, but ready and wants to do it, but currently we flirt/seduce in different ways. If he does come out to me, then that'll make it all so much easier. At the moment it feels i don't have permission to cross his boundary and physically make a move.

7. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like your best option is to make it clear to him that you like him and wait for him to remove his boundaries rather than trying to push him, but that I only from what I have read.

Melin likes this.
  8. Melin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cheers. Yes, thinking yesterday about it I realised I have to make it more clear I like him. It should be obvious by what I've said, but I can see how defended he is and not confident at trusting his interpretation of the situation. And yes, I should probably work at responding to him coming into my space rather than push him too much.