1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Shipping Question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bruh, Jan 26, 2018.

1. bruh

bruh Guest

I ordered 2 books on the 23rd and amazon says they're supposed to get here on the 29th, but they haven't even shipped yet

can anyone tell me if I should be worried or something?

2. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't be worried. That happens to me sometimes too.

3. jam93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ya, you've still got 3 days till the 29th, so it shouldn't be an issue. They probably just don't have one in stock and need a shipment to come in before they can package your stuff. Just be patient. Now if it gets to the 28th and it's still not on the way you might worry, but that probably won't happen.

4. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't worry too much, I've had stuff I ordered not ship until the morning of the day before delivery.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you ordered from a marketplace seller rather than from Amazon itself, this is a notorious problem.

There are 2 or 3 very large booksellers, that operate under dozens of different names on Amazon, and these sellers provide (in my experience) absolutely terrible service... they lie about shipping dates, use these off-brand "super saver" shipping programs that use a private carrier until the last 2 miles, and then drop the item off at the local post office for final delivery. (This is also why they often don't provide tracking info.)

Problem is, it's near impossible to keep track of which of the booksellers are real small booksellers and which are the fake names used by the large booksellers.

There's a good possibility your books will show up on time. If they don't scream bloody murder with Amazon. Filing an A to Z complaint is one of the most serious ways you can really punish a seller... Amazon takes that as a huge black mark. And if enough people complain about the crappy sellers, perhaps Amazon will dump them.

If this was an Amazon direct purchase... I'd definitely be contacting Amazon. THey generally use only legit carriers, or their own fleet of contractors, both of which are reliable and consistent with delivery times.

6. Assassin'sKat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah you shouldn't worry. There is still a few days.

7. bruh

bruh Guest

both books were bought from amazon.com

8. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your order will probably arrive within the stated time

I've had a lot of amazon orders go nowhere for several days but they still get here by the estimated date. Of course that's just my experience

I never order from Amazon when I need stuff quickly but maybe they're quicker in your area

Anyway they have great customer service. Contact Amazon if they're so much as one day late, they will give you a discount or extend your prime membership by one month

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they are actually sold by Amazon, or Amazon is doing fulfillment (very easy to buy from a marketplace seller shipping on their own if you don't look carefully), then I have almost never not had Amazon deliver on time, and I probably get deliveries from them at least once or twice a week for 5+ years.

10. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's a difference between an order that is fullfilled by amazon and an order that is simply (basically) being advertized on amazon, called a marketplace seller i think. I would double check that on the info for the order (should be at the top w/ its picture somwhere) it says fulfilled by amazon. Amazon in my experience is very reliable.