1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any success/disaster throuple stories out there?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by shpinaltso, Jan 20, 2018.

1. shpinaltso

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

recently I finally admitted to myself I am bisexual and it made me realize that I am not satisfied with my hetero relationship. I have been with the guy I love for over 4 years now and I don't want to lose him but at the same time the homo part of me that have been repressed for decade an a half wants to be out, I feel the need to explore that part of me, have sex and a relationship with a women. I realized that my dream scenario would be a throuple but I have no clue what to do....

2. smurf

Its way more than doable and there are PLENTY of examples that you can learn from.

I would invite you to look into polyamory. While you might not identify as polyamorous yourself, its an amazing community that has books, guidelines, and meet up groups all over the nation where you can learn how to create a relationship that fulfills all parties involved.

I would start with books like Open by Jenny Black, "More than Two", and "Ethical Slut" in that order.

If you are looking into good resources, I would start looking up guides and how tos by looking for "triads" which is what poly community calls throuples. Small change, but Triad term will get google to give you better resources.

shpinaltso likes this.
  3. shpinaltso

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you very much, this is very encouraging and helpful! I am in the beginning of my coming out and adjusting journey and don't have any LGBT friends to talk to so it's really great to have some guidance on the matter. And on using the right terminology =)

4. smurf

I know the feeling very well!

Definitely take it slow and dont rush things. Opening up a relationship takes take, trust and A LOT of communication. And that is just to open it up. Finding a third person that likes you both and that you both like is challenging haha

I'm currently in an open marriage with my husband. We have been together for 6 years and loving each second. The start was rough, probably the first 2 years, while we figured everything out but man it was so worth it. He doesn't identify as poly so we will probably never be in a triad, but for me being in an open relationship is enough.

Good luck with your journey!