1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any suggestions for trans girls?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Emilya, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Emilya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, so I have posted many times over the last few months, and it has helped me a ton, so I want to preface this with a thank you to all of the wonderful people out there. I'm 15 In 3 days, and I came out as a trans girl last week to my mom. She took it decently well, but she doesn't understand me at all. She forced me to come out to my dad, because of some valid reasons, but it was wrong of her to ask me to tell my dad. My first therapy session is in 2 weeks, and I am overjoyed, but I don't know what to do now. My dysphoria is getting significantly worse, and this weekend nearly killed me. I just want to be every thing that a girl is. I need to find something that I can do to relieve my dysphoria, but I just don't know what else I can do. I'm working out, because I am kinda pudgy, so I am trying to become thin and eat less, but that takes time, same with growing out my hair. I shaved my legs and face, and it helped a little too, but it just wasn't enough. I don't know what else I can even do. Any suggestions?

2. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Would your parents allow you do wear a dress or other women's clothes, even just at home or in private? What about wearing women's underwear or doing something like painting your fingernails?

3. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anything worth having takes time and effort. Whenever my dysphoria gets real bad I just try to find something to read or watch a movie or something. Just got to stay active. Find distractions. Wearing women's clothes and getting your nails done helps.

4. Bernice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now you are out to your parents what about trying make up as that takes abut of practise. I don't mean to go out with but just learning how to do it ready. As suggested you can also do you nails. It's not just painting them. Get a nail kit and start shaping and buffering your nails. Get some heeled boots or shoes and spend time learning to walk in them. I use to spend half an hour wearing them while doing things around the house to get use to them. Just some ideas.

5. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Makeup is probably my best suggestion. Nails are a good place to start because they are much easier, but doing your own makeup is wonderful. When trying to feel masculine on male days for me contouring was really helpful so I imagine it would be helpful for you to feel more feminine to do female contouring.

6. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I remember when I was there. At some point being trans means having to wait for things you desperately need for a long time. It's tough.

It's good that you will have therapy soon. I hope the situation with your parents gets better. Have they read anything about this? They would propably need more information. If you find any good articles or videos you could try to make them read or watch it.

Just like others I recommend some girly pampering. Face masks, things like that. Soft skin looks more girly. Take care of your scalp because good healthy scalp means better hair. Are your ears pierced? You could get nice earrings.

You could also do something that takes your mind out of these things. I learned to play a musical instrument while I was waiting for everything. It was and is great therapy. While you are playing you have to focus on the music. Getting better at it feels very good too. It's a good way to let out your feelings. Painting, drawing, embroidering, knitting or things like that are great too.

7. Emilya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I have been kind of busy recently, but I can finally respond to all of your great responses. Yay!! Starting at the top, with Mikey D, I cant really wear any clothes even though I desperately want to, bc my mom doesn't fully accept me, and I haven't fully told my dad either. I told him just enough so he wouldn't feel left out of this process. My dad would kill me if he fully knew though. I am thinking about painting my nails with clear nail polish, so thanks for the advice! Dino artist has a similar response, so just refer to my previous answers I guess. Bernice, thanks for the advice, I have tried using makeup, and I didn't do too well with it, but I was so excited when I use it! I will try doing it again, but the only annoying part is that I cant ask my mom for any makeup, because she doesn't accept me, so I just use her makeup when she's out of the house. Thanks for the advice, I will try makeup any chance I can get! Harjus, thank you for the really sweet and kind response! They have read into it a bit, but my mom keeps watching documentaries about how difficult being trans can be, so I will try your suggestion and send them some articles. I love the idea about getting my ears pierced! I play 3 instruments already, and it really is a great way to just relax. Its one of the only things that has helped me through this. Thanks for all of the great responses, I cant wait to try out some of your suggestions! Feel free to leave me and any other trans girls suggestions on here! Thanks! I have one question though, how can you make your scalp more healthy?