1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

homophobic mother

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by EmH25, Jan 24, 2018.

1. EmH25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So my mother and i have been watching this chef on tv and he seemed he could be gay which i always keep quiet cause any mention of being pro gay in my household sparks a fight......my mom doesnt even really know or acknowledge i am gay, i was kinda outed but i think she believes it was all for attention not that i actually could be gay anyway so she finally looked him up turns out he is married to a woman with four kids, she said she was glad he wasn't gay because the idea of him being gay made her disgusted by him, i meanshe like his food but just the idea that someone could be gay....actually disgusts her, my mother is such an opposite of me soooo judgmental of everyone, if they are the slightest bit different than what she thinks they ought tobe and she is quite vocal about it to, i try to not judge anyone, except people like pedophiles or rapists which hurt other people by their actions which is not okay but being gay.....that doesn't hurt anyone.....urgggg just so angry right now

Wesley007 and DinoArtist like this.
  2. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As a bisexual girl who likes to cook I find this kinda sad. It would suck if nobody would want to eat my food because of my sexuality. I made some totally righteous fried mushrooms the other day.

EmH25, Myclosetisfull and Wesley007 like this.
  3. Wesley007

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can relate so much. It is really infuriating when you cannot even talk about something even remotely about your life without it causing a problem. I too was outed and literally on the verge of being kicked out and I had to lie in order to stay where I am. Only she believes it and is extremely transphobic/homophobic it is exasperating not being able to say anything and you can't defend someone too much or it starts a fight, I wish I knew how to help you but I am in the same boat. :/

4. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there anyone else in your family who is supportive of gays? Aunts, uncles or cousins?

5. EmH25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My biolgical mom is supportive but i live in the midwest and she in the southwest i talk to her via email, we just got back in touch hadnt talked for 16 months, my sister knows, but she really didnt say much but we really don't talk anyway

6. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would eat your mushrooms, I love them. That looks a bit weird now I have written it but it's not meant to. :slight_smile:

DinoArtist likes this.
  7. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol I make them sweet and yummy.

8. EmH25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yes i too cook, and if someone rejected my food because of sexual orientation that would hurt a lot :-(