I'm so stressed, want to finally accept myself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Carrie M, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Carrie M

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so I'll try to keep this short. Basically, I'm pretty sure that I'm a lesbian. Every sign points to me being gay- it just FEELS right. The problem is that no matter how sure I am, I just KEEP questioning. I have been for almost 2 years, and it's getting too exhausting.

It feels impossible. It's so stressful because I know who I am inside, but just can't believe myself and accept it.

Any tips? I really need help and any advice is much appreciated!

2. LaurenG

What r the signs that point you to being a lesbian ?

3. Carrie M

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1: I feel like being with a girl is more natural to me, I can find guys attractive- but I don't want to be with them.
    2: I feel a strong pull towards the LGBT+ community, and feel like I belong in it.
    3: Every time I've dated a guy, I end up breaking up with them for no obvious reason. Something just starts to feel wrong all of the sudden and I break up with them.
    4: I kissed my first boyfriend, but didn't feel anything.
    5: When other girls talk about guys/celebrities that they find attractive, I can never understand why they think so. Like, I can tell that they aren't ugly but I don't get the appeal.
    6: I've been questioning for so long that it doesn't make sense that I'd be straight. If I was, I wouldn't be questioning- especially for this long.

RebeccaK likes this.
  4. ulm

ulm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m in the same boat as you sister, going on 5 years now, but for me it’s a bit different, I have made out with guys and girls and felt nothing with both, and I’ve never been in a relationship, but I have sexual urges, but the celebrity thing I really don’t understand.