1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best/worst cities in UK to be gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe2001, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Joe2001

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What do we think?
    I'm currently living in a town which is 8-10 miles east of Glasgow. It is full of Catholics, so absolutely not the best place. Even in Glasgow itself, being gay there doesn't feel quite right.

My long term goal is to live in London, which I would imagine is more gay-friendly in the right areas, although for the purpose of discussion, where do you think are the best and worst cities in Britain to be gay?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best cities I'd say London or Brighton. The south I'd say is stereotypically a lot more tolerant.

Worst would be up north. I always think of Scotland as being quite homophobic but only been there once so can't back that up. I consider the Midlands to be 'up north' too (living on the south coast). In my opinions the cities with a large brown population like Birmingham, Leicester, etc. Don't seem all that great to live in day to day being gay. I live in a predominantly white city and the only reason I get looked at is because people find it weird to see a gay Indian, all the white gays barely get glanced at.

3. Joelouis

I’d say Brighton is by far the most LGBT+ friendly City/Town in the whole of the U.K.
    Manchester is very hit and miss from what friends have said.

Generally, most of the U.K is fine in my opinion.