1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting on with it.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DinoArtist, Jan 23, 2018.

1. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All in the spirit of the New Year I've been making progress but honestly I have also given in due to fear and loathing. But not entirely going overboard into another spiraling depression. So I feel like I'm doing well tbh. I honestly don't know what to do about HRT but I've still haven't come out of the closet entirely. I want to get laser hair removal before anything hormonal. Maybe lose a fair bit of weight as well. I'm growing my hair out and trying to shave regularly. Though because of sensitivity I can't shave everyday. I've also been more easy going and less intense about everything. Really just trying to focus on myself and loving myself. Though dysphoria creeps in a bit. It's not as bad as it was. Probably due to staying busy. I've bought some art supplies and actually really want to get a few major pieces done before I come out of the closet. I guess so I'll have a series of art to focus on. So people will focus more on that rather than me. If it's good enough. Want to get a book published soon as well

I've actually went ahead and changed my gender on Facebook but I have no family members on there so it's really not much of a triumph. Maybe I'll start purchasing make up and women's clothing and wear them around the house a bit. Lol I don't like to boast but I'm too confident in my artistic abilities so I'm sorta thinking that I could win people over with art. Im a bit nutty. I also want to get into the YouTube game. Just to show art and how-to videos and whatnot. Reviews as well maybe. I live in the Bible Belt so there's that. But it's a college town, pretty crowded tbh. But that's ok. I guess if anyone has anything to say about my actions I'll just reply with, thank you. Im at a point in my life where I'm getting ready to settle into things.

I won't respond to rudeness. I'll still read it but the most I can do with that is just.... well nothing really. But I'm always open to good ideas and encouragement. I personally don't like to give advice but I can take it. Even if it sounds silly at first. I'm actually pretty easy going and chill. I'm still coming off an energy drink high.

2. onlyhuman33

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there DinoArtist,

Nice post. I think you are moving into a really good headspace. That is so awesome to see!!! I know we briefly spoke of laser hair removal in a different post yesterday, but you brought up a very interesting point about it again. You mentioned not doing anything medicinal yet, but maybe getting laser first. I know my doctor said that I should wait until I was at least on testosterone blockers for a while. Reason being is because facial hair is a secondary sexual characteristic that comes from testosterone. So it stands to reason that it would take a lot more sessions to remove the hair if your testosterone is growing it right back. I mean it makes sense to me. And I have every reason to believe him, especially since he would actually benefit more from me going to more sessions. Does that make sense? Just something to think about.

I am so happy to hear you making really good plans and goals for before, during, and after your transition. I love your attitude about public perception. Hang on to that, because sometimes it is so tough to have that kind of mental toughness and clarity when you are transitioning. Especially when you first begin. Not too many people are passable when they first start, which will definitely make the public notice. But stay strong, focused, and positive. Heads up, shoulders back. Be proud of who you are, who you were, and definitely who you’re becoming. It will get easier as time goes by. I look back at pictures of when I first started transitioning, and I can’t believe I thought I looked even remotely good LOL. Think of it like growing your hair out. You are definitely going to hit an awkward stage, but you just keep letting it grow and the next thing you know you have a beautiful mane of hair. Anyways, I have to go, but I hope you have a great day!!!

DinoArtist likes this.
  3. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. That's the best reply I've gotten on here. I think you're right about testosterone blockers. I should get on those while I'm doing laser sessions. Lol I never thought I had mental thoughness.

onlyhuman33 likes this.
  4. onlyhuman33

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You totally have mental toughness!!!

DinoArtist likes this.
  5. DinoArtist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. I think I do actually. I have been keeping up my exercise routine lately.

onlyhuman33 likes this.