1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a stupid folded piece of paper?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Crisalide, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been anxious for one month - christmas holidays included - seriously planning to come out to my father and never succeeding to. So I folded a piece of paper in two and wrote on the external side:
    SIT DOWN
    PUT DOWN THE GLASS
    and on the internal side:
    I AM A GUY
    AND I'M CALLED DANIEL
    AND THAT'S WHY I ASKED FOR A HEADSHRINK

I might put this paper in the pocket of his jacket the day after tomorrow (sounds so apocalyptic) before I leave all day for university lessons. What do you think?
    This must be the silliest way to come out ever.
    Despite the silliness, it was really hard to write every single one of those few words.

tomboyprettyboy likes this.
  2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't matter if it's silly or not, what matters is 'will it work'.
    You should come out when it's right for you and in a way that is right for you.
    I really hope it goes well for you.

It is understandable that writing those few words was super difficult, coming out is a very scary thing.
    Daniel, everyone here is wishing you the best of luck and you have a lot of support on this forum.
    :gay_pride_flag::heart:

3. jam93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Daniel, don't worry, there's no bad way to come out. Everyone does it differently, and that's because everyone, and everyone's situation, is different. Some people prefer to come out to people face to face, some do it over the phone, or by text, or email, some write a letter, or make a facebook post, and some make little notes and stick them in thier dad's coat pocket. The important thing isn't weather it is good or bad way to do it. The important thing is if it will work or not, and if it's right for you. I can't coment on that. I don't know you, or you dad, or how you two get along. I can't make that call, only you can, so if you feel that's the right way to do it then go ahead. I hope it works out for you. Good luck.

#3 jam93, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  4. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't add any better advice or comments than those above so I will just wish you good luck.

5. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, that day came and I used the piece of paper. When I got back home, everyone was behaving like nothing happened. xD Then my father's wife went to sleep, and my father came in the room and said: "Can you explain me this thing on the piece of paper?" And I said: "There's not that much to explain". He said: "Just not now, I'm tired".
    So days have passed and now he's in control about when to talk about it. Which is to me the most anxiety provoking aspect of coming out. He uses my birth name as if nothing happened.
    And I wait wait wait wait...

6. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That must have been really difficult for you. I will thinking of you and hoping it all works out.

Crisalide likes this.