1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horrific child abuse story, I ask, is this all that much different from my abuse situation?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, Jan 16, 2018.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's easy to get one's arms around the story emerging out of LA California area, 12 children chained to their beds for decades. This is child abuse on a grand scale. Unimaginable psychological and physical pain and suffering.

(not looking for sympathy,) Is this all that much different, yes the scale is much smaller, than what my parents did to me in my mid teens with psychological and limited physical abuse to the point I was unable to determine I was gay for pretty much my entire adult life? (basically locking my state of being in a closet)

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-perris-children-shackled-20180115-story.html

#1 brainwashed, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would hate to ever have to rank degrees of abuse when it comes to children...any abuse of a child is an outrage, an insult to all of humanity...but this story is just...I don't have words...among the children were adults who were so malnourished for so long that they still look like children...

3. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A friend just texted me, are you all right? That means they read through our text messaging dialog, I was distraught. So why am I distraught? One cannot really feel something fully unless they have to some degree experienced a similar experience or seen hard facts or evidence. I can relate to the abuse to some degree. 5%? 10%? Percentage does not matter. This news pains me immensely.

(You should have seen me after I got done touring a few Nazi Concentration camps / ghettos in Europe. I was a mess. At the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC, a wall poster telling the story of how Dr. Mengele cut off the penises of small boys to see what would happen to them. I went and sat on a bench and fainted.)

#3 brainwashed, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018