1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help talking to people on social media

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AliceDot79, Jan 4, 2018.

1. AliceDot79

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Im sorry this isn't related to LGBT - I literally couldn't find a single general advice forum online?)

I’m a little stuck as it is right now. I don’t have many friends at school, and although its improving and I’m talking to some more people this year – I’m pretty sure I just lost my best friend. We spent all of last and this year hanging out with each other almost exclusively, and I love her to death and we relied on each other a lot, so I’m kinda worried about what I’m gonna do when school comes back. I’m feeling insecure and I could really do with meeting some people outside of my school (as for friends outside school I have basically zilch – I moved from another country when I was 11 and lost contact with nearly all of them)

I have another account on Instagram which is separate from my school friends – it’s embarrassing but I don’t know what to do. I’ve never really interacted with people online at all and I hear about how people find so many amazing friends this way… I was wondering if anyone who actually knew what they were doing would give me some advice on how it all works and how I could meet people this way? And I want to maybe expand to more social media site but idek where to start.

TL;DR: social media newbie needs advice on how to interact with other members of the human race >_<

Wesley007 likes this.
  2. Wesley007

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family

Why not just simplify things and use this as your practise ground?

AliceDot79 likes this.
  3. AliceDot79

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Wesley007 likes this.
  4. Wesley007

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You're welcome. Feel free to ask me stuff anytime you want.

AliceDot79 likes this.
  5. seeastar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a separate Instagram account too. It is actually the only one I have because my mom is a therapist and thinks that social media is bad. I understood why for a while but when I realized I was gay I suddenly felt very isolated. I didn't know how to talk to people, even though I had a lot to say. I kinda just started by doing what I'm doing right now and just trying to share what I've learned in my years of life and help people. I've found that by doing that, the friends will follow:slight_smile:

6. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just talk. Say things. You have time to write response that make sense on the internet so it is easier than in real life.