1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My best gay friend is dating a guy 41 years younger

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Northern guy, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Northern Guy,

That's great and you did the right thing letting him talk it out. As you say he knows what you think and there isn't really anything else for you to say.

It's good that he has reflected a bit on things. You can't live his life for him so it's good he has realised some home truths. You've done the best you can.

The walking holiday sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking of doing something similar next year. Scotland is great for that.

Northern guy likes this.
  2. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Poor old man, i mean if that guy plays in date apps, it is obvious that the young boy is playing with him; love has no age but that age gape is really high, 20 would be ok compared with it; you should tell him that relationship is not really good for him, he could be get really hurt because of that little boy.

3. Northern guy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By way of an update, I’m so glad I took things easy and stood by my friend even though I was uncomfortable with his actions. His new young boyfriend seems to have walked away owing him a considerable amount of money , plus he’s fallen out with the old guy/young guy couple he was friends with, having paid towards their holiday and they still owe him money which he’s had to request. He’s talking about taking legal action to recover his money. I feel so sorry for him , he’s a very kind and generous guy and lonely as well . I feel this young guy has taken advantage of his kindness , maybe even deliberately (he’s disappeared and not acknowledged that he owes a considerable amount of money) as have the couple .
    I’m not saying avoid all age gap relationships , but if it seems unlikely to work, then it is indeed unlikely to work.
    I’m grateful for the advice of people on this forum who helped me to see things through and stay calm, rather than just walk away . If I’d just walked away , it would have been difficult to get our friendship back on track.
    Thank you everyone , especially bartabus .

4. zonbin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He’s talking about taking legal action to recover his money. I feel so sorry for him , he’s a very kind and generous guy and lonely as well .

#64 zonbin, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  5. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Northern guy,

Glad you are feeling better about things. You definitely did the right thing as you wanted to maintain your friendship with him. Sadly, it was just one of these things he needed to find out for himself.

It's strange to say (given his age) but hopefully he will have learned from it. Maybe he will focus on people in a similar age range that want similar things to him.