1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans and starting HRT

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by endoftimes, Jan 8, 2018.

1. endoftimes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm almost nineteen and I'm out as trans at my college. I wanna start hrt really soon but my family isn't supportive. How long do you think I could be on T without it being obvious to my family? I just need them to cover my student loans until I finish undergrad school in may of 2019. Once they sign off on the loan at the beginning of my last year of college I'll be good. I'm just looking to start my transition without any more delay.

Wesley007 likes this.
  2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I follow Jeydon Wale on youtube and he filmed T update videos every month. By one year his face was noticeably masculine and he had a deeper voice. Hell several months in you could hear a change in his voice. He is the only youtuber that i have watched going through a transition though. And obviously i'm not out much less starting T yet. Its different for everyone but if you want an idea of what the month to month changes might be, look him up and check out his testosterone update videos. He does voice comparisons too. That's the best i can think of right now.

#2 AlexJames, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Wesley007 likes this.
  3. newts

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course T effects vary depending on a person's genetics and their hormone levels, but I'm not sure if you'd be able to pull it off until 2019. Voice deepening is one of the earlier changes that T causes, and also one of the hardest to hide...by 3-4 months on T my voice had already irreversibly deepened to the point where I don't think it would have been possible to hide. By about 6 months I was passing basically 100%. Obviously not everyone will have the same experience I did, but it's worth being cautious about, as changes can happen with a timespan of just a few months.

4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd second 3-4 months. I was on T in April, quit my job in august and was back in December and everyone noticed my voice drop and I had a lot of jokes about 'finally becoming a man' and I've now got the 'hes growing a beard' jokes coming up. T works pretty quickly and there's no way you could go more than 6 months without anyone noticing a significant change. It depends on the person as to when they'll start to pass but I really wouldn't bet on being able to keep it from them until 2019.