1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out 2 years ago

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lil miss hikes, Jan 7, 2018.

1. lil miss hikes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so I was just thinking about two years ago this time of year is when I first came out to my mom. We were sitting in the car, she was dropping me off at home, and we were talking about one of my siblings dating life and she asked about me. I don't remember her exact question but I remember saying flat out , well I'm gay. I'm pretty sure she was surprised but my mom played it off like nothing so we departed and I went upstairs to my apartment (we don't live together I just didn't have a car at the moment). I was still in shock that I had actually said that out loud to someone, so I just sat in my apartment for a minute in the silence. Then my phone rang it was my mom, and she told me that she loved and accepted me no matter what. It was all I needed to hear and from that day on , I've felt a lot closer to her. Like I don't have to hide anything anymore, And it's great to have that acceptance. I can't believe it's been two years, it's gone by so quickly. Since then I'll come out to you if you simply ask me, about 4-5 people know. No secrets, no lies.

2. heyrita

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so happy that your mom has accepted you for who you really are.

3. lil miss hikes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank
    thank you it really improved our relationship and my total outlook on life.