1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's getting so hard staying in the closets

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by J4yy, Jan 6, 2018.

1. J4yy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It would probably be helpful for you to know Im bisexual and non binary. I'm still in my last year of high school, and thus still at home. My family is very homophobic, so they can't find out about me while I still live here. It just wouldn't be safe for me here if they knew. Each day it is getting harder to keep my mouth. They mock non binary/trans people, saying we are all stupid and sick in the head, and that's just the nice things they say. It gets hard not to talk back to them and tell them Off. On top of that I really like this girl, and Im so worried about slipping up one day and say something about to a family member. I 100% believe my dad would kick me out if he found out. I'm living in constant fear of him finding out and doing lord knows what about it. It's like this heavy weight on my chest making it impossible to breath. I know many people have gone through this, so I'm looking for advice on how to handle it in a way thy doesn't make want to fall apart all the time.

2. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

Hello there. I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I know you just want to live your life without fear of getting kicked out, so you might want to start planning that. If you fear for your safety or economic stability, then you'll have to protect yourself. If you are not yet an adult, then you'll need patience until you can start looking for a job and stand on your own feet. In the meantime, do you have any lgbt friendly people you could trust so you could talk to?

3. J4yy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a good idea. I really do need to protect myself. I have one friend that is bi. I just don't think they understand it tho. They just don't get why it's hard for me. Which can in itself be very frustrating.