1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im 13 and not sure! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Chartmann2, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Chartmann2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So Im a thirteen year old male who is confused about my sexuality. I have had relationships with the female gender but none of them lead anywhere.... nowhere... I was always getting dumped. Maybe it was me taking it to slow or they didn't know who I really was. Or it was them. Either way my relationships with females don't usually end well. I know for fact I'm not strait. Right now I'm not sure if one of my friends who was previously my "girlfriend" who moved schools still thinks were in a relationship. Because if we weren't I would talk to her about my sexuality. And if we were still in a "relationship" I would still have to talk to her about it. Since she's moved I only contact her through text... I tried to call her no reply. My other friends a grade ahead of me and I don't know how they would feel about me being gay or bi. I have a friend thats a guy but hes is so Christian it's not even funny so I would probably be frowned upon if I told him about me being gay or bi. My family consist of a somewhat christian mother, a hypocritical non-religious dad, dads nieve girlfriend, moms very tuff and mechanicy boyfriend, a straight video game playing brother in his late twenties, a somewhat bi sister, and my sister who always jokes about her being a lesbian nun which I believe she truly is. And then there is my dad's family he had two gay siblings; a female and a male. The male let's call him Steven passed away about 11 years ago so I can't remember him, but my aunt who is a lesbian but not very open about it (her gayness) she is a very uplifting women who I plan to stay with her over the summer. I have plans to move in with her once I reach high school so I can perform at very good high school where she lives also this community is very open minded on gay and bi relationships. Over the past few months/weeks I have been asking myself if I'm gay.... I knew scratch that know I kind of am. I want to come out because I think it would be nice to have a relationship. But I don't want to disappoint or have my friends/family mad or disapproving please help!!!! What should I do should I wait or should I come out?

2. ulm

ulm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there,
    I’m 21 and I still debating this issue after 5 years, if you feel you truly are you are one of the lucky ones, but to be honest you have so much time, don’t rush it!
    And talk to a close friend it may help

3. Barbatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Chartmann2,

Firstly, you do not need to do anything yet. I know it is very frustrating not feeling able to talk about how you are feeling with someone who will non-judgementally provide support. Hopefully, EC will help with that. But you do not need to do anything except as you are comfortable and happy to do so. One thing that may happen, is that when you come out people (family, your Christian friend) may try and tell you it's just a 'phase' or 'you are confused' which can be very counter productive if you are not yet sure.

Are you able to talk to your aunt privately? She might be a good port of call and it sounds like you are comfortable around her. If you can, she might be a good person to help you talk things through.

Do you want to talk about why you are leaning toward identifying as gay? You could talk it through here and that might help you confirm your feelings.

But just remember there is no rush to come out to people. Just do what you are comfortable doing and don't feel you have to do it anytime soon. Take your time and work at your own pace.