1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Disheartened...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by looking for me, Jan 2, 2018.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ive been doing voice/speech therapy to feminize my voice since october, every two weeks. and when i came out to my brother and his family, who i dont see often, i asked if they noticed any change in my voice. no they said, and my son confirmed it tonight. i feel like this is going nowhere, and im trying im really trying. now i just want to cry.

2. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never give up. :slight_smile:
    Also, maybe you were distracted talking to them because you were all busy coming out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It can be an emotionally draining experience.
    (Distracted = didn't use the tricks to feminize voice)

#2 Crisalide, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    possibly, i was presenting as male up to that point but then my son said tonight that he doesnt see/hear a change. but later he said the pitch was lighter, but he only hears my voice. so i guess i need to work on my flow? and intonation?

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my :/ I can't really help with this one, but it's sad.

looking for me likes this.
  5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks soo much, I need to work harder to make the voice that I like and that suits the new me my default, not this deep chest heavy voice I made so long ago.

6. Mr Medusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry that you feel stuck in a rut, but this process will take time. It's kind of like physiotherapy or finding a good combination of antidepressants: it's soul-destroying and takes a long time, but it's the same for everyone and you will be so much better for it when it's over.

7. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have heard that voice training is slow. You haven't done it that long yet either. You will get there but it takes time and effort. Search voice training videos on Youtube if you haven't already. There is some great advice and inspiration too. Try to stay motivated. There are some girls who had very deep voice before.

I know it's different for me since my voice changed because of HRT but that took some time too. It took 6 months for some people to notice anything. That felt really bad. My voice is still cracking and not nearly done after a year and 5 months. These things can't maybe really be compared but your body has to adjust to the new voice too as you are progressing and it's just not fast. It won't happen in just few months.

Sometimes people only notice changes that are very drastic. Your voice might have changed a bit even if people say it hasn't. I used to have an app that analyzed voice and it was nice to see the progress there although it wasn't that noticeable for others. You could get something like that maybe.