1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the earliest inkling you've had about your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tre, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Laughsalot

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It seems my inkling came a lot later than other people's....or maybe I was just less aware of it. It's weird and wonderful how we are all so different.

#21 Laughsalot, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  2. kayteaugh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was 5-7, my best friend who was girl wanted to play a new game. I don't even remember what we called out but we basically experimented a lot and it was fun. I didn't feel the same way when boys wanted to play. That was my first inkling.

3. Sek

Sek

I cannot remember far back enough to pinpoint my first inkling, I can just only remember being interested in boys - there was never a time I looked at girls in the same way.

4. noface04

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was in kindergarten I had a crush on a girl in my class . I didn't realize that's what it was until I figured out that I'm bi years later. I went around telling people she was my best friend even though we had only talked like twice. One time we were trying to reenact some Disney movie and she ended up kissing me. I was so fucking happy. I couldnt stop thinking about it for months.

5. Robin x

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really kow the exact age I started, but for a /long/ time now I've always been a very enthusiastic supporter of gay rights, etc. Probably a bit too enthusiastic. The first ever inkling I got of 'maybe I'm gay' was back in year 7, when I was about 11 years old. I started to kinda get a crush on my best friend, but then just like... Procrastinated about figuring out my sexuality. Then a few years later I finally decided to face it lol

6. Scott219

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mid-teens. I didn't really act on it until I was 19 though. I haven't really been all that open about it until the past few years, and even then it's with people I'm close to and trust.

7. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thirteen or fourteen I knew I liked guys. I knew I was trans at around fifteen or sixteen.

8. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was 6, I really "admired" another boy. It wasn't until years later that I realized what Gay was, and the admiration was sexual attraction.

9. ReadyFreddy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember getting serious crushes on guys, having no interest in girls and realizing I was definitely gay when I was 13.

10. herondale37

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was in 3rd grade, I was explaining the difference between gay and lesbian to my friend, and i got mad when my teacher shushed me and told me it "wasn't appropriate". I had a huge passion for LGBT rights since I knew what they were, even before I started questioning my sexuality years later. It was actually one of the things that led to me questioning

11. Shadows123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The first time I noticed it was around the time I was 11. I just started noticing some guys were really cute and that I wanted to spend time with them.

12. LucasCain

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't really start notice my sexuality until I was about 12 or 13 when I started noticing how attractive women could be. That didn't go too well... But once I got older and looked back on things I was attracted to girls even when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade. At that point, I used to get quite a few crushes on other girls and I always liked to play the gentleman and charm them just to get to enjoy seeing them giggle and blush. And there was a girl I was particularly attracted to without realizing it at the time. I just knew there was something special about that tomboy that drew me to her even if I couldn't put my finger on it at the time.

13. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably around 12 when I was extremely interested in my mom's collection of artsy magazines with quite some photo reportages of naked women in it. The thought defeninitely crossed my mind back then but I just came up with a thousand excuses why it didn't mean anything

14. Orie9

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    About 6 years old. There was this boy in 1st grade I had a crush on, and kept trying to hug. I didn't know I was gay, or what being gay was back then, but looking back, that was a pretty obvious sign. Then in summer camp (its a big NYC thing cuz we have so little nature), age 12ish, there was this one boy with whom we'd always start wrestling/getting real physical with each other in the pool. I think we both knew we sort of enjoyed it. It would be another long time until I accepted it about myself tho

15. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I was a kid, I judges other boys, and even some adult men, by how good looking they were. I only wanted to be friends with the cutest boys. I also liked to be physical with them. I didn't know what being gay was, and I knew I was attracted to girls.

16. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My early crushes were primarily on boys but my first kiss was with a girl in 3rd grade.

17. Earthfae

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started checking out other girls when I was maybe 10 BUT I didn't think much of it at the time. One because I was so young and two because I grew up around boys and that's what they did so yeah I did too. Seemed normal at the time. LoL... then around 12 or 13 i learned what "gay" was and told myself oh well then I should be looking at boys, so I did. Then at 14 i spent the night with a female friend who decided to "snuggle up" (NONE of my other friends ever did that lol) and I was so turned on OMG... THAT is when I knew for sure.

18. butterfly1

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A long time ago. lol. I knew as a kid that things were different. I knew that I wasn't like the men in the circles my family was in. Very macho. A lot of bravado. I knew I wasn't like them. And I knew I didn't want to be like them. I didn't understand what I felt inside. I just knew it was different.

So, when I look back now I can see that was the beginning for me. And it is only now I have accepted the kind of person I am, and who I am.

19. Ljjgreat2017

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I remember having my first crush in the 6th grade. I had my first crush at the age of 10. My first crush was on a girl. I remember feeling deeply in love with her. But after several months, I started to notice some homosexual feelings. I'm a male BTW. I was 11 when I started to notice these feelings. But I kept shoving them to the back of my mind. By the time I was 14, I started to acknowledge that I had homosexual and straight feelings as well. I consider myself to be bisexual.

20. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I knew around the age of 12 or 13, but I would say my first inkling was a few years earlier, around the age of 9 or 10.