1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do feminine boys like masculine girls?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TomLucitor, Dec 30, 2017.

1. TomLucitor

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do feminine boys like masculine girls? Or do masculine girls likes feminine boys? Im asking that because i thought that i am a lesbian but feminine boys are really cute so im pansexual maybe. Askıng as a genderqueer.

2. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's up to the individual person really, everyone is different. It seems like feminine guys tend to be around other feminine people to me though, even straight guys that act less masculine often are friends with other less masculine guys.

#2 Niagara, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  3. mask1985

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a guy who is a bit more feminine than masculine as far as looks go, I prefer either pretty girls or guys who have girly looks.

4. ulm

ulm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great question, I’m a masculine girl, I’m a weightlifter so I also have a muscular build too, I like not so masculine guys, but they are often intimidated by me... so I would love to know, is it a dominance thing??

5. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @TomLucitor are you sexually attracted to feminine boys or just attracted to them in another way? You might be heteroromantic and homosexual, its not common but some people are like that. I have some heteroromantic feelings about a friend who is a girl, I never worry about it.

6. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is worth remembering that there is no credible/scientific evidence for separation between romantic and sexual attractions. While it isn't uncommon to find people that use these divisions, this isn't supported scientifically, as far as i know.

About your question, some types of attraction and preferences are more common than others, but i don't think you should worry about this, especially since you are not suggesting something really different (like an uncommon fetish). There are many masculine women and feminine men out there, and each person has it's own preference.

In the end, i think you shouldn't worry too much about your label. If you feel attracted to someone you didn't think you would be in the past, then great, you can always rethink your label (if you want) and reach a different conclusion (not that it changes all the time, but maybe you are noticing something that you didn't before).

7. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

Im not sure of the science behind it, I just know that people sometimes have these feeling. Ive caught myself having romantic feelings toward women in my life, but I dont ever want to have sex with a woman, I know its incorrect for a gay man to have these feelings but I cant always suppress them. I just want the OP to know its okay.

@TomLucitor its okay to think boys are cute and desire to be around them, you be a lesbian or a bisexual, dont let anybody gay or straight tell you what your heart wants.

8. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jackie Ray...."dont let anybody gay or straight tell you what your heart wants." I really like this, it says so much in so few words! Can I use it in my posts? ...david

Jackie Ray likes this.
  9. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always had crushes on feminine men. My first crush at six years old was my male hairdresser.

@ulm Interesting question, I've never really thought about it but it's possible in my case, perhaps on a subconscious level at first. I know my father and I never got along very well (he's the dominant type, I was always wondering why my mother of all men married him???) and that my hairdresser was just so sweet and caring and (sigh lol)... But I'm also attracted to the feminine behaviour in itself. For me it's cute and charming. It's definitely true that I can not date macho men. They don't attract me either. Very masculine behaviour turns me off. I once dated a masculine boy for a month during my teenage years and it was a disaster. I actually ended it because we didn't get along, in retrospect indeed because he was the dominant type. And now that I'm older and have more insight, it's true that I would never get into a relationship not based on equality. So, I don't know, perhaps these things are related on a subconscious level? But it has to be subconscious because you don't decide to be attracted to someone, at least not on a conscious level.

#9 Lexa, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  10. ulm

ulm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally agree, I would never be in a relationship that is not egalitarian in nature, too long have I seen women been told to ‘submit’, and I’m like nah fam, I’m too dominant for that, that’s probably another reason why I like quiet/ nerdy kind of more feminine guys, not to dominate but be a partner, plus someone who can speak to me about some sciencey shit is such a turn on...

11. lgbtqenjolras

I'm a feminine boy and my crushes lean (but are DEFINETLY not limited to) other somewhat feminine boys and feminine or androgynous girls, but not so much butch girls if that makes sense. I'm pan.

Jackie Ray and mask1985 like this.
  12. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Haha, I think on some level everyone is attracted to andro's they are as a rule super cute. Whenever I see a cute andro guy or girl, I think to myself "Oooh I want one" :heart_eyes:

13. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me humor and intelligence are important in a person. I also like creativity and a caring person.

And no, not everyone is attracted to andro's. I am sometimes, but my boyfriend is straight and he's definitely not attracted to androgynous women. I'm not into butch women either.