1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friending someone I don't really know on Facebook.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by grizzleybear33, Dec 30, 2017.

1. grizzleybear33

So there was this guy in my astrophysics class and like a stupid person I didn't get past talking about sports. The semester is over and I since I completed my minor I won't be in any classes with him again. I only knew his first name and got his last name from a presentation so I found him on Facebook. Here's my question, would it be weird if I friended him? He's listed as single and doesn't indicate he's into women. I've never really been in the position before. Any advice?

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No...I don't think its weird because the majority of people that I have friended on Facebook, I don't know as well. To me...it doesn't matter because I don't take nothing on Facebook as face value yet alone the people that I've friended. Therefore, my advice if I can give it to you is to go ahead and friend him and don't take too much thought into it.

Niagara and grizzleybear33 like this.
  3. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's nothing weird about friending him at all. I have about 700 Facebook friends but only really know like 10 more than acquintances, the rest were just random people I met like the guy you are describing. That's just kind of how Facebook works, people want an audience for what they post so will friend pretty much anyone they've met without even thinking about it.

JonSomebody likes this.