1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Short Introduction

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Silveroot, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

Hello. I'm a 24 year old cisgender woman living in Athens, Greece. I currently identify as lesbian and I feel relieved as I come out to myself, even if I have doubts and second-thoughts quite often about it. I have come my mother but she's having a hard time to accept it and it doesn't help with my search at all but she still loves me all the same in her worried typical mother way lol. I guess the reason I am here is to explore myself further, get support, offer support and meet interesting people!

What you need to know about me is that I'm basically a mythology nerd, I love sketching animal cartoons, being in nature and that I'm an overall eccentric person. Nice to meet you all.

2. NickiFire

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice to meet you!! I am a 19 year old girl in Canada, welcome to EC :slight_smile: Essentially over the past week I've come to the conclusion I like girls. As for guys, haven't really figured that out yet. Coming out to yourself is honestly the biggest milestone and such an incredible feeling, isn't it? It's just so freeing and such a relief emotionally, like you no longer have to feel guilty for thinking that way, it's just who you are :slight_smile: I'm sure you will meet lots of awesome and supportive people here! Best of luck with your journey, feel free to message me to chat or anything.

3. Jaiiden

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello! It can be harder to come out to your parents vs. friends, so kudos to you! And yay for art!

5. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

Thank you. I've come to the realization I'm at very least bisexual since 2013. It's about a month ago that I started thinking that hey maybe I'm not really into guys as much as I'd wish I have been. Best wishes to you as well.

6. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

Thank you.

7. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

Indeed, coming out to my mother was hard but for the time being I don't see coming out to any friends as a viable option.

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the community! Kudos to coming out to your mum; hopefully with time, she'll come around, and be accepting, or at least have bit of an easier time with it. You have definitely come to the right place for support and learning more about yourself, explore your feelings. :slight_smile:

9. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

She seems more relaxed about it as time passes, but it definitely makes her uncomfortable and mostly shuts down conversations on the topic. It has been 3 years since I came out to her as bisexual, because that's how I saw myself at the time. Now she uses that as an excuse of the type 'oh you know you aren't sure yet, in time you might change your mind'. With all the homophobia around me it's fair to say that I have absorbed some of it and I have been in denial and uncertainty for a long time. So in a way she's right, even though I hate admitting that.

10. PrinceVegeta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile: