1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone keep a diary?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JLTomboy, Dec 22, 2017.

1. JLTomboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I want to start keeping a diary to help me figure out my gender. Does anyone else write in a diary about their feelings or thoughts? What do you write in it?

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to, and then my mom went through it. Never kept a diary since. For ages, i typed up a diary on an old laptop - i'd recommend this if your laptop's password protected. I kept a diary all through middle and some of high school cause i had nobody to talk to. I think its a great idea, i mean for me writing/typing stuff helps me get my thoughts together and express them and i usually come up with a realization or line of thought that i would not have otherwise just thinking about it.

As for what to write, i wrote everything in mine. Crushes, what i was reading/watching/playing at the time, venting, etc. You name it i probably talked about it. But i didn't have a purpose going into it like you did, i was just lonely.

#2 AlexJames, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried to, many times. But I always fell away from it. A lot of what I wrote brings back memories which are difficult to deal with, so I try instead to focus on the present.

#3 Kodo, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  4. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In regards to figuring out gender specifically, I kind of journal but in a very simple way. I am bigender. after I had started questioning my gender, I decided to track what my gender was each day ... it has helped confirm to myself I am not making this up and not actually binary trans gender. Otherwise don't really journal that often besides if I want to get this out of my head onto paper about gender issues.