1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've come out (again) and want to help my partner

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aurora1989, Dec 18, 2017.

1. aurora1989

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just for a bit of backstory, I've been in a relationship with my male partner for four years. It had gone really well, and I felt like we'd become each other's best friend. I was previously out as bisexual since I was 20, and he knew I was a trans girl (transitioned between 19 and 21) from our first date. He's bisexual - a self-described Kinsey 3 - and I knew that from the start too. When I was looking for him, I really thought I was only able to have a male partner, and I wasn't even looking for a woman, partly due to my last relationship with another woman being a total disaster (she basically led me on into thinking she really liked me and we were going to meet, and we became "official" at 5am one night and she broke up with me and told me it was all lies at 8am. She broke my heart and trust, really) and also because I felt "validated" as a woman if I was with a man, due to internalised stupidity.

Everything seemed fine until a few months ago. Like, we never really have sex, although I still "tended to him" when needed. I just never felt in the mood. But I kept seeing attractive women everywhere, and I felt so jealous whenever I saw two women together. Things with two girls in love in them made me cry. I imagined kissing and being intimate with girls, and it just felt... really special and electric. Recently, everything kept ramping up. I got songs stuck in my head that I associate with a woman I used to fancy (and still feel affection for, despite my best efforts). They just went round, and round, and a few days ago, it just hit me: I don't really like having sex with men, but the thought of sex with another woman made my heart race like nothing on earth. I just know it now... I'm not bi, I'm a lesbian. I cried so much after that realisation, and felt really silly.

Then, last night, my boyfriend caught me crying in the living room, and after a bit of poking I blurted everything out. I felt so horrible, and I felt like I was breaking his heart. I can't explain, but I still love him. He's the kindest, most thoughtful person I've known in my life, and he makes me happy. We've shared so many things together and I wouldn't take them back for the world. We spoke about it again this morning, and I explained how I don't want him to leave, because I don't. We hugged for a while, and I saw he was crying a bit, which made me feel pretty bad. I've still been constantly crying and I feel sick and have a headache from it. It's all just really huge emotionally for both of us, and I wish it hadn't come out when it did, but it seemed to just build up and build up until it couldn't stay in any longer.

I just wish there was some way to help him. As I say, he's such a lovely person and I really don't want him to hurt any more. Is there anything I can say to ease the pain?

2. aurora1989

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry to bump this again, but I feel atrocious. I still keep crying regularly, and things just seem so weird, like I've entered a fake universe where everything's just a little bit off. I feel so sick, like I've got the flu, and my heart... hurts? I don't know where to turn. I wasn't in the best of states before, but now I feel like my life has fallen apart and I don't know where to turn. Everyone I know will think I'm a moron. My work has heard enough of my sob stories lately; I can't really tell them, and what's it to them anyway? I feel like my life is pointless now. I wanted to stay with my partner forever, but I feel like this bloody tornado of events has ruined everything and broken the heart of the most special person in my life. I don't feel like I have a future now. This is shit. :disappointed_relieved:

3. ZINEB

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you need to calm down first . I , for one, can't think of anything if i am crying and nervous . I know it s a very hard situation and i am sorry you are going through this <3 . I learned something recently , is that i can't force myself to be someone i am not or to be attracted to someone i am not attracted to. There is always solutions or alternatives why would you cry yourself out over something that can be solved sooner or later ? You can always have a future with or without your partner . You are stronger than what you think you are my friend don't underestimate yourself because you just discovered something about You. I understand that you love your partner but maybe more like a best friend . You can always have him in your life.Maybe it will take him time to come over this but just tell him that you really need him in your life even if it s not in a romantic way , tell him how you really feel about all of this and that you haven't chosen to feel this way and you cannot just pretend to be happy when you aren't . I hope everything will be good. Don't cry please, i know that you are strong :muscle:

aurora1989 likes this.
  4. aurora1989

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you, I appreciate your kind thoughts <3 I'll keep trying to calm down. It's so hard when everything reminds me of what I've lost. I feel a bit like a tear and snot factory just now (sorry, it sounds horrible, I know!) I really, really hope I can keep him in my life. I'd understand if he thought it was too painful to keep me around, but I'd really miss him. I'm not sure where I'll end up living if we can't be in the same house, but I'll try and leave those thoughts for later.

ZINEB likes this.
  5. ZINEB

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is a quote that i really love and i try to remember it whenever i am so down . " " you're gonna be happy " said life , " but first i'll make you strong " ". Maybe all this pain is leading you to happiness. Everything will be fine <3

aurora1989 likes this.