1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want to be a lesbian, I have a boyfriend!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Melissa123, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Melissa123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm struggling a bit at the moment with my attraction to women. I'm out as a bisexual, but lately I've been having a much stronger attraction to women.
    I have a boyfriend who I have been with for seven years, I live with him, and he's the most perfect, wonderful person that I could ask for! I love him, but lately I've just been less attracted to him.
    It doesn't help that I've just started university, and I've had girls show interest in me. Every time I go on a night out a girl seems to show interest and want to hold my hand and kiss me, but I would never cheat on my boyfriend. I'm just worried because I enjoy the attention whenever I get it from women, but not from men.
    I keep thinking that I'm a lesbian, because the only man that interests me is my boyfriend. I don't want our relationship to ever end, so I'm really worried about these feelings.

2. yayforthelgbt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Sexuality can be fluid and ever-shifting for many bisexuals, going from one side of the spectrum to another. You don't have to break up with your boyfriend if you're going through a 'stronger attraction to the same sex' phase - you may in the future start to feel more attracted to men again. It's your choice though... just see how you feel.

Jackie Ray likes this.
  3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know you say "he's the most perfect, wonderful person that I could ask for"

But is he treating you the same now as when your relationship started? Now I in no way mean that he is mistreating you now, but maybe the amount of affection he shows has waned a bit. Or the variety of things he does has ran out and while he still shows the same amount of love, it is just no longer exciting as it once was.

Basically, the question I am asking is; is it really your sexuality or is more about the excitement of new and different?

4. Glitters

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Setting aside your attraction to women, and focusing solely on your boyfriend...
    Are you in love with him? Do you want to stay with him forever? Does he make your heart beat quickly? Is he your entire world?

Because if you answered no, then I think it's time you break up. It's better to be honest with him rather than string things along. You can still be friends, but you'll be much happier and feel truer to yourself.

If you answered yes to all questions, then I wouldn't worry about it. Having a boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't mean you instantly stop noticing the attractiveness of others.

5. GodDamnIt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can be bisexual but with a preference to one sex. It doesn't mean that there's equal attraction with both.