Confused about sexuality

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confsdmofo, Dec 17, 2017.

1. confsdmofo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm confused, as you might have guessed. I'm sixteen and have only recently considered to myself that I was gay. I grew up in a household where being gay has always been okay but we would still always make crude jokes occasionally. This sorta led to whenever my mind thought about something gay I would just immediately go "no man, thats gay". I never really have had an interest in having relationships with women while still being somone sexually attracted to them, and until recently I thought I was 100% straight. About late November (I don't know what happened it was really sudden) I just kinda thought about myself being gay and straight away it was like "naaaah you aren't you've always liked chicks" but I fought that urge and I've been thinking about it thoroughly. I would enjoy to have a proper relationship with a guy as well as a sexual relationship, but would not enjoy a meaningful relationship with a woman, and only partially enjoy a sexual relationship. It makes sense in my head but I don't know how it's going to turn out in text.

My head is just ?????????????????????????????

If someone has been in a similar situation can help me find my bearings it would be much appreciated

2. Jack Lee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always thought I was straight till about a few years ago. I just thought imagine if I was gay. I never had any interest in girls before but I was really attracted to guys. There is always the possibility that you may be gay. The one thing I will say is labels are made for clothes don't rush into it. It will be tough for you. But remember we will always be here for you, post anytime you want about anything.
    Thanks xxx

3. Alessio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel u man. I have the exact same thing. Last year was a very weird year for me in terms of finding out who i was. I always imagined somehow that if i was ever going to get married (still in the straight phase) my wife would somehow die at a young age. I don't know why i assumed that, it was totally random, until the point where i figured out that it was just because i couldn't imagine myself having a relationship with a woman. It was in the middle of a very emotional year where i confirmed i have sexual and romantic attractions to men only. All i can say so far is that once you truly find out who you are, you will be more confident and it will help you coming out. I grow up in a neutral/slight homophobic environment as well, and finding out who i am and that I'm not alone has made me more confident than ever before! I am planning on coming out to my brother this Wednesday and i hope you could take the she steps soon.

4. confsdmofo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you. :slight_smile:
    I love that line "labels are for clothes" I'll be sure to use that in the future. I'm still confused but you've made me feel even more accepted than I already was.
    Thanks again

5. confsdmofo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! You sound like you've got your stuff sorted out - I wish I was were you are. Good luck coming out to your brother (I'm sure he'll take it well)