1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there rules?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Orchidea123, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am looking for an honest opinion based on your experience with woman to woman dating. I am not planning to date but very curious.
    Are there rules to lesbian relationship, texting/calling/going out?
    This may sound like a silly question..

How different is it from a hetero relationship? There are ways to attract a man. How do they differ?
    Mysterious, positive, somewhat passive, dressing well, and showing your intellectual side is the trick to man's heart in my opinion.

I am used to having female friends and just following common human etiquette in friendships.
    However, I suspect lesbian dating etiquette is different? You don't want to be friend zoned, you want her to want you.

So, how do you get her to actually Want you (assuming she may like you)?
    And, if there are rules, do same rules apply to variety of women (masculine, feminine)?

#1 Orchidea123, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    DesireEyes likes this.
  2. DesireEyes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't "dated" per say, but began a friendship with a woman who was out as pansexual and we very immediately fell in love. But we didn't share our feelings for months, just flirted and our friendship became very close. She bought me flowers. I wrote her poetry. She bought me clothes. I bought her jewelry. I asked her to go to concerts with me. She asked me to go for lunch. I'd bring breakfast to her every morning at work, she'd bring me my favourite coffee. It just flowed. It is the most natural relationship I've ever had and we just instinctually treat each other with love, affection and respect.

Orchidea123, baristajedi and JK8 like this.
  3. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’ll probably do it (when I’m ready) the way I always have.

In my opinion the best relationships are built on friendship. I don’t worry so much about the etiquette of it all. I just plan on spending time with people I meet and being myself. Different women like different things and someone you click with is going to like being with you as you are.

Orchidea123 likes this.
  4. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've dated several women and there's no etiquette really. Everybody's different. In fact, when I see the lengths that straight women go through to attract a man, I kinda feel sorry for them. One day, that facade they've created will fade away and they will just be...themselves. Maybe the guy will like the more 'raw' version, maybe not. Why not just find out at the get-go?
    If you like a woman and want her to want you, sure flirting is great but can be misconstrued in my experience haha. Just say hey, I like you, wanna go out sometime?

Orchidea123 likes this.
  5. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my very limited dating experience in the lesbian world, i'd say honesty, communication, expressing interest openly, flirting, treating her special (telling her if you think she's beautiful, strong, smart, giving affection, etc), being yourself are some things that seem to be part of lesbian dating....

Orchidea123 likes this.
  6. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @DesireEyes @Woodswoman @baristajedi Thank you all very much! Reading your replies makes me feel as if my perception is distorted or all of you are into too good to be true relationships..
    I think it is my perception that is suffering.. I feel trapped. Maybe it's my feelings for the person who doesn't reciprocate as much, that cause this distortion..

#6 Orchidea123, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017