1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on firearms?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ryu, May 1, 2017.

1. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I own them and I support people being allowed to own them. I hunt because wild game tastes a lot better than store bought. And I also live in a state where you don't have to go to far outside of city limits before you have to worry about predatory animals... or some prey. Like moose, catch one of them in a bad mood and they will charge a semi truck.

As for the violence problem... well we have a great number of problems in America and solving some of them would likely lower the violence problem, and maybe the drug problem and maybe the drunk driving problem.

2. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I dont own any, but I think people should be allowed to own them. If US the government stockpiles weapons including biological and nuclear weapon, who are they to tell people what to do. I think the average gun owner is more responsible with their weapons than the US government is.

Examples include, Obama's "Fast and Furious" gun deal with Mexican cartels. Our soldiers, who are trained to kill and are basically weapons, come back from the wars extremely mentally handicapped and are thrown out onto the streets with no support systems and sometimes they just snap and hurt people. Finally right or wrong, the USA atom bombed civilians. Bottom line if the government has guns, I hope to god the people can have a few to check those maniacs in Washington D.C.

My only experience is I shot a single shot 12 gauge shotgun once, one shell only. I didnt like it, I also own some pepper spray just in case.

3. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think the general public should be allowed to own guns. That's how it is in Britain, and I think it works well. The USA has higher murder rates than the UK and many other nations with sensible gun laws. Guns are terrifying things and they invariably make things more violent, and there isn't really any need to have them unless it's for a specific purpose. I get that Americans like their freedom, but handing out lethal weapons like sweets is completely irresponsible.

4. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pro Second Amendment, although current gun laws could be enforced better.

5. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think if people want tighter laws, they should move to a less free country. The USA is the last free first world country, I dont understand why we need to become Europe. All of Europes gun control didnt stop terror attacks with knives and trucks and some guns or the genocide of Yugoslavian civil war.

Gun control is enforced by people with guns! Whats your answer when people wont turn them in? send the soldiers house to house and execute innocent Americans? I talked a lot about my opinions on government over reach when I joined this forum, ultimately government gets its power from the barrel of a gun, and the people need their own power.