1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hype for upcoming games?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by bruh, Dec 8, 2017.

1. bruh

bruh Guest

title say most of it, interested In what upcoming games people are most hype for, for any console. although I have a PS4. for me, it's Spider-Man, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, and Final Fantasy VII. on a minor side note, as I miss the hell out of it, should I get the slim ps2 from a place near me for $150?

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Death Stranding.

3. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Spiderman and Dissidia Final Fantasy NT mostly, but I can't not get Death Stranding.

4. bruh

bruh Guest

I've yet to check death stranding out. oh, I forgot DETROIT become human, but I'm prioritizing Spider-Man and KH3. if I do get a 3rd game, I wanna avoid two games from the same company if I can. I might get DETROIT instead of one of the other square enix games

5. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, yeah, Detroit: Become Human. Yeah, that one looks good, too. Honestly, I am not into Kingdom Hearts at all. And not getting multiple games from the same company seems silly. Why do that when they make multiple games you want? That's like liking certain pizza places and them having a deal on two pizzas when you're going to be feeding more people than usual but still only get one pizza. You're missing out. And if they're not coming out all at once, why abandon any of them you're interested in when you can save up for the later ones?

#5 Necrose, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  6. bruh

bruh Guest

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't hard to be a KH fan. we spent 12 years waiting for this one game with prequels and side stories to tide us over

7. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just never got into it, then you have all these prequels and side stories and all this 1.5 and 2.5 Remix nonsense, and it seems just impossible to start now.

8. bruh

bruh Guest

oh, the 1.5 and 2.5 are collections of core games, 1.5 more so. truth be told, if you focused on Kingdom Hearts, (Re:slight_smile:Chain of Memories, 2, and I'm sad to say 3d, you'd have a suffice grasp on the story.

9. bruh

bruh Guest

oh, about the multiple companies thing, I guess it's an exploration thing, allowing myself to eat different kinds of pizza at once, if you will

10. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess I can understand that, but continuing with the pizza metaphor, while I have my favorite places and places I don't get my pizza from as often but still like, I like mixing things up sometimes and trying different crust and topping combinations. I may not always get my pizza from the same two or three places, but if I like a place enough and feel their different pizzas are uniquely good in their own ways, when I have the money to have them make me a pizza, I'll get it from them and it may or may not be the same as the last time or two I had their pizza. Now take all of this and apply it to video games and developers because that's what I'm actually talking about.

11. bruh

bruh Guest

so, same company with different dynamics in terms of games are better than differentiating?

12. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm saying don't limit yourself. If you have the money for multiple different games from the same developer when you know they don't release all their games at once, then there's no reason to ignore what comes later just because you got the game that launched earlier. You can still play both and get other games from other developers when you have the money.

#12 Necrose, Dec 8, 2017
  13. bruh

bruh Guest

a good point

14. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just make sure you've met your other financial obligations first. Getting a game at launch is great, but it's better to get a game later when you do have the money than to ignore your bills or whatever else is required of you just to game.

15. bruh

bruh Guest

given that new games are 60, I'm waiting till next black Friday when they're half price. I might even be able to get a 3rd

16. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tax return time is also a good time to work on that backlog or get something you wanted that launched not long before then. I'm using part of mine to get Far Cry 5 Gold Edition.

17. bruh

bruh Guest

nice. how is far cry, never had any experience with it

18. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's an open world game, Skyrim with guns if you want, except Primal. Each game has its own plot and setting and major mechanics, but as best as I can describe Far Cry, and maybe someone could do better, it's a story of whichever game's protagonist in a probably unfamiliar setting, lacking equipment and other necessities, they played by the player have to try to survive and find a way to defeat the villain of the story, who usually either runs the region for the most part or is at least better armed than the protagonist. Each game makes that premise its own, so for it to be more interesting, you'd have to investigate the setting and plot of each game. Far Cry 5 takes place in a fictional county in Montana that has been overrun by a cult, and the protagonist, a member of the county sheriff's department, is about the only person able to do anything about it.

#18 Necrose, Dec 8, 2017
  19. Lyze of kiel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only game that I'm hyped about is Kirby: Star Allies. After playing triple deluxe and 100% completing planet robobot, I see the series positively.

20. Necrose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, yeah, I was excited when Nintendo announced there'd be a new Kirby game during their E3 direct. Did they show anything new during the game awards the other night?