1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans or what?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sebby45, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am having a hard time with identifying my emotions. When I look at guys in movies and such I always identify with them and want to look like them to the point it hurts. I rarely identify with a female character. They are usually my "love interest." Lol.

Anyway, I have days without dysphoria, without thinking about gender. I am happiest this way and even if I act feminine it is ok. I do not act typically masculine anyway. Am I really trans, or just repeating a cycle of highs and lows? Could it be more of a gender fluidity? I've been feeling less and less as identifying with trans, just doing whatever I want. If I feel more masculine inside, it isn't wrong. But do I really want all the trappings (surgeries and hormones) that go with it? No. I can identify as masculine and still be female. I don't know. I am just writing this out because I feel confused.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you are fine identifying as masculine and still being female, then you're probably just female. If you're masculine then you might identify with masculine/male characters even if you're female (well, as of 13th he will be female, but I identify with The Doctor at various stages even though he is male). If you are happiest when you have days without thinking about gender, I suggest taking a break from this and similarly related websites. I suggest about six months. After which, if you still experience feelings of being male, then revisit your 'options'.

3. MrLesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Could it be that you are soft butch lesbian?

4. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've wondered that a lot. In fact my whole trans phase started after I came to terms that I was a lesbian. It is almost as though if I was a man, my relationship with a woman wouldn't be frowned upon. So this confuses me too.