1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I NEED SOME SUPPORT!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kinley, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Kinley

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I just sent a coming out video to my parents this morning. I am so nervous and scared. I do not know what to expect to happen when I get home. Plus I still have to tell them about my girlfriend. I hope all goes well but you never know. My parents are very religious and I do not know how they will take this. Soooooooo scared. I will admit it might be nice not to have to stay in the closet anymore. I just hope there reaction what ever it may be will be positive and not make me regret this.

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish you the best with this situation ...however, if I could perhaps just make a little suggestion to you since I too came from parents who had a very strict religious background. Do not tell them about your girlfriend at this time. The thing is that I think you should probably just concentrate on hoping they will accept you or meet you halfway in regards to your sexual identity. This may take a little time for them to come to terms with and telling them about your girlfriend especially after coming out to them would be too much...too soon in my opinion. Nonetheless, I am hoping your situation turns out for the best. JS

3. shadowalex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. Even if they don't accept you right away, try not to feel too bad about it. Remember that you do not need their acceptance to live your own life. Autonomy and all that. Good luck. :slight_smile:

4. anonym00se

some tiny town in the middle of nowhere, WV
    Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck! I hope your parents accept you for who you are. One tip I'd have would be it might be a good idea to not say anything if they say it's "just a phase" or similar wording, since they are unlikely to change their mind just because you tell them it's not a phase. You can prove them wrong later on when you're still attracted to girls after a few years (or more). Again, hope it turns out okay! ^^

skittlz likes this.
  5. Kinley

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you guys for the support

6. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Way to go. You took the plunge! It's kind of like ripping the bandaid off: slow or fast? In the long run, I think earlier is better, because it just gives people a longer time to get used to it. So by the time you're really old enough to, say, marry or move in, you won't have to be dropping so many bombs at once.

Anyway, from your other posts it sounds like you are lucky with your new boo. Congratulations and keep us posted. If it's bad, we can help. If it's good, we can celebrate.

7. Kinley

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you guys for all the support!