1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catalyst here...maybe. Advice?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Woodswoman, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Again, it didn't occur to me yesterday that she might be harboring 'secret' feelings that she didn't openly share with me. But in retrospect, there are so, so many signs you could be right. Right now I'm super disappointed, and honestly I just need to respect her wishes and forget about this for now. I suppose if things get intense again, I'll need to deal with it, but I think it's unwise to keep my hopes up right now.

Sorry for the multiple posts - I don't know how to quote people from one message on my phone and really didn't care about trying to learn that right now. Thank you again everyone for the feedback. It helps so much!!

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not saying she for sure does have feelings for you, sorry I probably shouldn't have said anything about that.

3. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cuz you are a rockstar human like that! That’s why I like ya! I HATE games! I love that you were you even though it may have come at a price. Integrity is hard to find these days. I know you are hurting, and I am still very proud of you!

Woodswoman likes this.
  4. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No apology needed! I get what you meant and you're not wrong. Hey possibilities are endless, truly, and there is definitely some merit to the observation that she's maybe not being 100% open. I mean, the song? The declarations of love? All the 'firsts' I seem to symbolize for her as a friend? How she's constantly gravitating toward me and my office at work, plus our interactions outside of work? However, regardless of what she may feel, she clearly defined what she did not want from me right now. It sucks, bad...but I have to honor it. If I honor her wishes, like truly down deep, it will be easier on the surface to be genuine and comfortable with her as a friend. I'm pretty far from that goal right now...

Mabel likes this.
  5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think that you are far from it as you think. You are such an amazing person, you will work your way through this and I'm sure you will remain great friends because you will always do the right thing. I truely believe if things are meant to be they will be in there own time as long as you just keep doing the right thing. There are so many girls who would love to be the centre of your attention.

Woodswoman likes this.
  6. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw shucks....haha thank you. I'm going to take it a step further, just in case anyone is taking notes... :slight_smile:
    Being totally honest is hard, but like I said, worth it, even at a price. The harder challenge is to be both honest and kind. I know plenty of honest people who 'tell it like it is' and it's almost like this badge of pride in being able to speak their minds at any place and time. The problem is that it becomes like this word diarrhea that comes out of their mouths and just soils anything and anyone around it. I'm sure you know the type. 'Hey, whoever, good job on being honest, but how many people have you hurt along the way? Was it worth it?'
    Lol that felt good to rant....i should REALLY be working now...

LostInDaydreams, silverhalo and Mabel like this.
  7. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally get that! Being nice and thoughtful is important too. It’s just that sticking to your guns and being who you are even though it’s a little uncomfortable is important to do. No need to take down casualties to do it though I totally understand!

Woodswoman likes this.
  8. dirtyshirt84

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Woodswomn, I just wanted to say sorry you didn’t get the response you were looking for but I think having that difficult conversation was very brave. I was in a similarish situation although I was more in your friends position and me and the woman I liked were both in relationships. Anyway if I had been able to have a conversation similar to yours a think it would have saved me a lot of heartache so I hope that it has saved you that, at least. These types of situations could go undefined for long enough. The boundaries of the friendship were unclear to me. As you say the line was getting blurry.

I hope that you are able to remain friends and I’m sure there are lots of women out there who would be lucky to have you :slight_smile: For what it’s worth im sure she does have some feelings for you but is unable or unwilling to pursue them any further at the moment.

Woodswoman likes this.
  9. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Woodie, (pardon the presumptuous chumminess!) what you did was like running a 10k: you might feel (emotionally) pretty exhausted, hard to "walk" (whatever the analogy would be) but the next time (oh yes there will be more) you will be stronger. Everything is practice for the next thing!

And anyway, you have the insight to realize that you might be a catalyst. That was a novel (around here) perspective and first caught my attention. Now you're a necessity around here. I hope this story continues (with no heartbreaks), maybe takes an unexpected fork in the road, and arrives at that nice young lawyer (vet/teacher/writer) you need to meet.

Oh and let me just agree with many others in this thread, that there is something there, you weren't/aren't imagining things. She may be scared, now suddenly realizing she can't have her cake and eat it too. (Did I really phrase it that way? Bad octopus.)

#89 beenthrdonetht, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Woodswoman, idsm and LostInDaydreams like this.
  10. Woodswoman

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @dirtyshirt84 yes! These things can drag on for what feels like forever. Been there, done that. I really wanted to avoid the soul-sucking and depressing phenomenon known as unrequited love this time! I certainly got a taste of it, and hopefully can keep it at bay moving forward, but I just do not want to be in that place ya know?
    @beenthrdonetht omg how can I smile this much when I'm supposed to be heartbroken?! You are too funny, and yes, very bad...in a good way lol
    I don't know what I'd do without EC right now in my life. I'd probably still be crying and eating ice cream or some damn thing (oh wait, I did that last night lol). Thank you, you are all a blessing!

beenthrdonetht likes this.