1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, my mom is a firm believer in binary gender...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dogs, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Dogs

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    and I’m non-binary. Male and female, as people call it. My gender kinda switches by the day. I really want to come out, but I know she won’t takenit well. I’m 12, and identify as a NB lesbian. My dad is REALLY homophobic, transphobic, anything you can think of. My mom is okay with trans people, but she thinks people who are ‘neither, theys, and made up genders’ are basically fags. (THIS IS NOT MY OPINION!) I’m so scared....... what do I do, and when do I come out? I have no doubt my dad will never speak to me again.

I have already started saving up money to leave in a few years

#1 Dogs, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  2. Nils

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your situation seems unsafe, especially since you're 12 and financially dependent on your parents. TBH I'd hold off on coming out until you're older and have more money and a proper plan to take care of yourself in case you're kicked out. Do you have any friends or adults you can trust?

(also I'm a nb lesbian too! hi!)

3. Dogs

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi :slight_smile:! All of the adults I trust are homophobic, I don’t know how they would feel, or firmly believing in Christianity, so I’m a sinner. Yay me! Anyways, I came out to 2 of my best friends as a lesbian, (!!) and I am happy about it. Neither of their parents have the money to support another child for more than a weekend. I have nowhere to go, except my aunt and uncle’s house, but they are moving to Florida. I’m planning on running away when I’m 18, buying a plane ticket, going to Florida, and living with them and my 3 cousins, and one of them is gay. That’s how I know my aunt and uncle are accepting.