1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do all lesbians like be complimented like that?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SeulgiBunny, Nov 16, 2017.

1. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Here is a random conversation between a girl who I used to like and me called Electric, i really liked much, well ask this because some lesbians are masculine and the only lesbian that i knew (apart of me), was soft butch and i felt that she doesn't used to like that people compliment her in relationships, i mean she's like dominant part (i don't know how to explain this well), she likes compliment girls but don't like when someone is compliment her romantically; rarely i give compliments to the girls that i like, most of the times, they always told me that like me and that i'm cute and sweet. I tell this because that girl Electric was tomboyish too and was really weird when i told her that she was sexy to me. I know that in lesbian sex, some lesbians like give pleasure but don't like be pleased, i wonder if happen the same when it goes about the romantic thing. I as lesbian i like when someone tell that i'm cute and sweet or things like that and i'd like be pleased if i sleep with someone (really i like these two things too much).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All lesbians are different. Some of us are feminine, some masculine, some dominant, some submissive, some neither. It's possible she didn't like your compliment, but another person might have a different reaction.

3. NewHaircut

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm obviously not Lesbian, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that like Gay and Bi men (and even Heterosexuals to an extent), everyone is different and they may not always be as you would expect.

One of my first gay flings, in the very early stages of flirtation I could have sworn that he would be someone who liked to receive flowers, etc, and it had never occurred to me that I might go completely ga-ga over someone buying me flowers and calling me beautiful. But I was wrong on both counts.

Appearance, image (masc/femme), "bedroom roles" and relationship roles (dominant/submissive/equal) are not necessarily related either. And this goes not just for same sex couples but also opposite-sex too (how many times have you met a couple where the woman was obviously dominant over the man in the interpersonal/social/domestic sides of their relationship?!?).

So, don't be too concerned if you don't always get it right, and try not to "box people in". Over time you might get a knack for guessing a girl's preferences - but also remember it is just a guess. And don't be too surprised to be surprised once in a while. As Creativemind said, everyone is different!

4. Peterpangirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. You cannot judge a book by its cover. I also think people often contain both dominant and submissive parts to their character and more feminine and masculine aspects of themselves too....many people, I'm sure, will show different aspects at different moments....I know I do.

5. Ashlee Greene

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My ex girlfriend is a soft butch and I am femme. I enjoy being dominant and she enjoys receiving a lot more...but at the beginning (before we got together, I thought she’d be Dominant).