1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gt 710 in hp compaq 6000 pro sff?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wolfwing, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Wolfwing

I recently ordered a gt 710 and I was planning on installing it in my hp Compaq 6000 pro sff. Though when I installed it, my pc would start just fine because I'd hear it's fan and hard drive but my monitor doesn't get a signal, regardless if my vga cable is plugged into the gpu or the motherboard. My power supply is 240 watts though from what I've read, the gpu has a low power usage. Also I've only tested it using vga because I don't a dvi cable and my monitor doesn't support hdmi, though I do have several TVs with hdmi ports. I also don't have the drivers installed yet because when I ran the driver setup that came on the disk I got, it said that the supported hardware wasn't detected (this was without the gpu installed). So does my pc support the gt 710? And if so, how can I fix this?

2. Wolfwing

Also when I tried installing it and turning on my pc, I didn't hear a beep error code.