1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to deal with unsupportive parents/binding

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by VeryQueer, Nov 27, 2017.

1. VeryQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (I think I put this in the right thread)
    I'm 13 and came out as Non-binary to my parents last night after being in the closet for about 7 months and they said something like "Your being influenced by the internet and your hormones" and told me to "Put a pin in it" Meaning they won't change anything (Won't use my preferred name, pronouns or let me get a chest binder)
    As somebody who has really bad dysphoric moments about my chest, being told to wait for a while to get a binder is a very depressing thing, What are ways I can bind without one? I've tried layering about 6 camisoles + a sports bra but it doesn't do much.

Thank you so much!

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand that it is incredibly hard to fund yourself at such a young age but do you get pocket money? If so then try to put aside £5/$5 a week or however much you can and in a few months you should have enough to buy a good binder. If you have a good, close friend then ask them if you can have it delivered to their house so your parents won't notice. I've heard that wearing one sports bra forward and then another ontop backwards helps compress a little more. I hope you work something out, give your parents some time to come around to it and maybe try to educate them on how you identify.

3. newts

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never actually tried one myself, but there's a kind of sports bra called the Frog Bra that supposedly binds very well, maybe that would be an option, since it's technically a bra?

4. VeryQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't have close friends, but I will try the sports bra method. Thank you!