1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been in a love triangle before?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ryan5154, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Ryan5154

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel that this is something more likely to happen in the LGBT community.

I am asking because two of my friends (both gay) have currently fallen for the same guy and it is creating a lot of tension and friction.

So I would like to hear stories of people this has happened to. How was it handled?

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was with a boyfriend at one time and the relationship had folded and not with an amicable ending on his part. He was the caused of the relationship coming to an end after I had given many tries to salvage what was broken considering we had been together for over five years. I had met someone whom I had started seeing and was establishing a connection with. Once the ex found out...instead of seeing that I had moved on...he proposed to me to see the both of them because that's how bad he wanted to keep a part of me in his life as opposed to losing me altogether. For awhile, it worked. However, like the saying goes..."you live and learn from your mistakes". This situation became a huge problem on his part which resulted in me obtaining a restraining order to keep him away from me. The other guy however, stuck with me throughout and we became even closer.

3. mlansing

Love triangles are my lot in life it seems, and they always end badly for me. These days, if I see a love triangle beginning to form I get out immediately, because I've been through it enough times to know how it goes. My advice is to avoid them and get out now if you're in one. Let the other person have him, it's not worth losing your sanity. Was there anything in particular you wanted to know about them?

4. mlansing

Just rereading your post and you say this is between two friends. In this situation, I would say to keep your distance, because the last thing you want to do is be dragged into this mess. And trust me, love triangles are always messy.

I had a friend (notice the past tense?) who is married to a guy but he and I both had feelings for a mutual friend. The mutual friend and I had been planning to make a day trip somewhere but the other (already married to someone else) friend got jealous and told him that I liked him. The mutual friend was still in the closet so he freaked out and that blew my chances with him. I don't hang out with either of them any more.

That situation was probably closest to what you're describing but I've had other experiences that were more deeply involved and more painful.

5. PJ94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to fool around with the ex boyfriend of a friend (awful I know, but I was like 17 and he was the first guy I ever liked, and he and my friend knew he was bi) but after a while they got back together. Needless to say it didn't end quite well. He told her what we did so my friend confronted me and we got into a huge fight that consisted on me apologizing and her screaming. They broke up later and my friend and I actually made up, but even after 5 years I don't think she'll ever trust me again. So yeah, love triangles suck ( and I used to reaaaally suck as a friend lmao)