1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HerRainbow, Nov 25, 2017.

1. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of the biggest things that has struck me since being on EC especially, is that we all go through similar struggles, worries, issues and insecurities. So I thought it would be nice for us to put all the things that we appreciate/are really happy for on here. Also it would be a lovely thing to do since we are almost at the end of the year :slight_smile:

So I'll start off...I am happy for my family and friends etc. But I am especially happy for being able to volunteer at school. It has been great to work with such a lively and confident class and other kids in general. It's also been nice working with experienced staff and together I have actually learnt a lot and become more confident as a result. I am also happy for everyone here on EC. Without the support of people on here I could never have plucked up the courage to come out, let alone be considering going on meet ups and fully embracing myself and living life the way I'd like to.

#1 HerRainbow, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m appreciative of the fact that I’ve come to terms with my sexuality and the people, mostly on here, who have helped me with it

3. Gideon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am thankful for @Twist, of course. Not just for the fact that he's mine, that he's been my love and my life for the last nine years, but also because he loves me like he does. Not just when I'm large and in charge and have a fist wrapped around his throat, but for loving me when I'm at my lowest, my darkest and lost in my grief. For standing by me and trusting in me to find my way back to him.

I'm thankful that even with the ridiculous amount of adversity we've face in these nine years, even with all the brushes with death and devastation, we manage to hold on to each other. No matter what life throws at us, we still stand strong and more importantly...we stand together.

After all this time? Always

Always man(I love you babyboy. Always. All ways)

4. Baby K

Baby K Guest

I am thankful for my partner and wife Caitlyn who I share everything with and am proud now to share another new journey with her in bringing a new life into this world. You are going to be a wonderful Mom and I hope I am as well. You are my rock and my comforter in everything and even though I just found out I am pregnant and am not even 4 weeks yet you have been so wonderful. Love You Babe.

5. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm thankful that I'm an independent person, and I'm thankful that I don't tel what people say to me get pass me. That shit does hurt, and I don't forget, so I'm thankful that I'm very observant that way. I'm thankful that despite all the shit I've been through in my life, I somehow keep moving forward. I don't' know why god has given me this life, but it is what it is. So I'm' thankful for that.

6. MayaPapaya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I appreciate and am extremely thankful for my Mom who has raised me basically on her own my whole life. It couldn't have been easy but she has never complained and has been humble through it all. She puts up with my shit from time to time but she is the best and I do appreciate everything she has given me in these 15 years of my life.

7. Loves books

I'm thankful for my mother who always sticks up for me. I'm thankful for my dog who shows me unconditional love, loyalty, an amazing capacity for forgiveness and the joy of living in the moment. I'm thankful that while talking about anime to one of my housemates I mentioned I was gay and her only reaction was to recommend a good yuri manga she had liked

8. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am thankful for meeting the best of friends on here. I have had the best luck meeting one very awesome person. She makes me laugh and she makes a better person. She knows who she is.