1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about missing another period

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Spot, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I think I posted here last month saying that I missed my period. And I'm really worried about missing it this month too. I'm 17 years old but there's no way I'm pregnant. I'm a virgin and I've never had a boyfriend or anything. What I'm worried about is...well, firstly I exercise and not exactly excessively but I really push myself. Probably more than I should and it puts a lot of strain on my abdomen so I think that might have stopped my period. I used to exercise excessively but I don't anymore. But I don't know if that could've done it? I am considered to have an eating disorder because I don't eat enough or if I do, it's not the right foods. I only ate one proper meal today because my mom makes me eat and I do if she's watching. I am a healthy weight for my height but my eating and exercising habits are abnormal. To be fair, I did get a bit of spotting last time so I thought I'd get it eventually but I never did. I think I waited a little over a week and I usually get it in 2-3 days. So, it's the 23rd and I'm usually due around this time...maybe more around the 27th or 28th but usually, I'd start getting cramps or bloating before I get my real period and I haven't gotten any symptoms yet. And honestly, I wouldn't be worried about never getting a period again because I hate them but my friends said I could end up getting cancers if my body doesn't clean or flush itself out. I don't know if missing two consecutively is a problem. And I haven't told my mom that I missed the first one so I'm scared.

I have three questions: Should I be worried that I haven't gotten, well, the first period to begin with and possibly a second one too? And should I wait until the 27th, 28th, 29th to see if I get it? And what do I do if I keep missing them?

2. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure if I have the right person but are you on the pill?

3. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are many factors that can cause one to miss a period. Stress, not eating properly, hormone imbalance, etc. If this is really worrying you, you should go to a doctor to rule out PCOS, which is known to cause missed periods. Eating disorders will definitely cause missed or abnormal periods.

You should definitely see a doctor and address your missed periods and eating problems because both aren’t healthy and sustainable in the long wrong.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm no expert but I think if I were you I would wait until the end of the month to check it doesn't come and then if it doesn't I would go to the doctors, it's probably nothing serious but you will worry yourself to death otherwise and also on the chance that there is something wrong the quicker it is dealt with the better.

As said above, things like stress and poor diet could be enough to cause it but it's better to be sure.

5. MayaPapaya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also no expert on this and really only a Doctor or GYN can really say for sure what is causing this but from your post it seems like this is the 2nd month in a row you missed. Is this correct? If that is the case then I would definitely telly your Mom and get it checked out to why this is happening. It could be the eating habits that your have or the exercise, but really only a Doctor can tell you for sure.

6. Loves books

Lots of things you are doing could cause it. Not eating could cause it and stress can cause it.