1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do to distract myself from the iPad like it's the 80's?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Romy0806, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Romy0806

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm trying to live out a new lifestyle what are your suggestions?

2. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Electronics are an addiction just like junk food is. It's pretty hard to stop using them but once you haven't for a couple weeks you'll stop wanting to as much.

You need to find something to distract yourself for a while. Books, sports, studying for school, working overtime on purpose every day etc. would all help get your mind off the electronics for a while.

After you've done that for two or three weeks you'll notice you don't even really care as much anymore and it will become easier. Then you can explore other hobbies without feeling like you're missing out on stuff.

I say this from experience, I was heavily addicted to T.V. and video games for a long time. I spent an entire year just sitting in front of the TV every day from when I got home to when I went to sleep. It was to the point where I could watch T.V. and play games in my head while doing other stuff because I had seen everything so many times. Currently, I haven't used the T.V. at all really in like 4 months and don't even want to. It actually feels really good not to be a slave to electronics anymore.

3. Movbroxi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go out for a walk. Where I live there's some beautiful scenery to be seen and I find that a lot more enjoyable than being stuck on my PC (when I feel like it. I battle depression and find it hard to find motivation to do stuff).