does she like me? What should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Nov 24, 2017.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My crush Ash, (she’s 29 and I’m 23). We met in college algebra this semester and became friends with 2 other people. She came out to our group of friends saying that she likes whatever( I’m guessing she’s Bi or Pan). I came out later and told her that I liked her and she was totally cool about it. She still treats me the same.

I think she’s likes me, she got mad at me because I didn’t wave at her. she laughs at all my jokes, and when she hugs me I feel this vibe (if that makes sense) and when she hugs me, i notice that my hugs are longer than everyone else’s. She paid for my ice cream the other day and said don’t worry about paying her back. And when I was mad at someone in the group, she texted me privately to see if I was ok(and would text me that she misses me). I never replied because I was still mad at the guy and just didn’t want to be bothered. However she texts me the next day saying “you better not be mad at me ” and I sent a text back saying I promise I’m not mad at you

I think she likes me, but she has a boyfriend. Do you think she likes me? What should I do?

2. GlassWalls

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How serious is her relationship with her boyfriend? Like how long have they been dating?
    If you really want to you can ask her out but prepare to be rejected just in case she's still into her boyfriend.

3. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think at least a year. And I have no idea how serious it is. When I told her I liked her, I kinda wish I asked her if she liked me back. I didn’t ask because I felt like it was disrespectful because she’s in a relationship. Does that make sense? I’m not good with this relationship stuff

4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, that is considerate. You don't want to back someone into a corner, make her come up with something on the spot. She might feel pressured into a white lie she would have to live with. Or tell a truth she wasn't ready for yet. So give yourself some credit for being good with the relationship stuff.

My impression (for all that it's worth) is that she does like you, maybe even Like you. When people behave that way to me... well I'm putty in their hands, actually. And she knows you like her, that was brave btw, and very good practice just saying it. Mr. Boyfriend might not last (how many do?) and she might be keeping you "on hold". Of course you can kill yourself waiting for that sort of thing (just read around on EC!) so you should just maintain your friendship as-is and keep your eye out for other girls.