1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life on the edge

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Khai, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Khai

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I don't know how to describe... what I am :laughing:

Imagine you're balancing on a tree branch with no wind. You can lean left, right or stay upright. Both sides lead you to something different and the middle keeps you between them. So you are constantly 'living on the edge' so to say.

For me one side is male and the other is female and in the middle is... neither and both at the same time. I have really crappy balance so I constantly waver between the three positions but always come back to the centre whenever I don't know which way to lean. When I lean towards femininity I feel fine for a while and then feel off balance having to lean the other way and pass over the middle and vice versa... Does that make any sense?

I don't know, I guess I'm asking who else lives like this, I can't be alone :blush:

2. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    While I can’t relate, I can definitely say you’re not alone. If you’re trying to find a label or even just others who might be feeling similar, think about terms like genderfluid or even agender possibly. But no, you most definitely aren’t alone, many people live like this. And it absolutely makes sense, don’t worry :slight_smile:

3. butterfly1

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Khai- You are not alone in this. There are others here who deal with the confusion of who they are. I also am on the same kind of path. It is not always easy. But as time goes by things work out. Someday maybe one can look back and see that what happened was a step forward. Even though at the time it won't seem like it.
    What you feel makes sense. Letting your thoughts out in a place like this is a positive step. Read other stories and comments. Maybe you can find some comfort in seeing that you are not alone.

Hope this helps. Just trying to put a positive spin on what can be confusing.