1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like your body?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MadDog, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't say I love it, but I don't hate it. I think I'm cute at least and I like my scars. Wish I had ginger hair though, I tired dying it but I'm still not ginger.

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    insecurities - my face. The fact that my breasts aren't at least a little bigger than they are. And generally my acne at the age of 24.

Things I like - My thighs, my hair, my overall shape. Oh, also I have a scar across my belly but I've had that since birth p much. Also sometimes my eyelashes, or just whenever someone points them out.

I have very mixed feelings on my hands. They're big hands, which means they're a *little* more masculine than I'd like, but they're also very useful, and typing, writing, pretty much anything is fairly easily done, which I can thank my hands for.

3. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

I mean, my body gets the job done lol...it’s not ideal for me though. I wish I was less femininely shaped, and more androgynous. I dislike my chest, hips, butt, thighs, and anything else that’s blatantly feminine. I hate when people compliment my body by describing me as curvy or womanly, even though they mean well. Makes me feel super uncomfortable. Most days, I can’t look at myself in the mirror unless I’ve got some sort of loose top or sweater on to help minimize some of the curves, and I really wish I could have some more androgyny, but I don’t hate myself for it either. I just do what I can, and I try not to let what others say, think, or label me as get to me. On the flip side, I do like my face because it could go either way, and I like my hair because it’s thick and looks decent in most hairstyles (so I can change it up every so often). I try to find the small androgynous things about myself and focus on them, instead of letting the feminine parts get me down. Not going to lie, some days are more difficult than others though.

Physical features aside, I like my sense of humor, and I love that I can make others laugh and cheer others up so easily. I love that I connect to people really well, even though I am a bit socially awkward and introverted. I’m resilient, and that’s gotten me through some drama in my life. So I’m hanging in there and staying strong.

#23 Shoei Loei, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2017
  4. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My body it's ok.

5. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    no I detest my body its....really bad tbh. I have my own theories why but I also know why ive always been single.....at least im not fat?

6. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Says the white masculine looking man. Smh.

Very easy for you to say that and have that attitude about it.

Not like y'all weren't thinking it either. Come on.

#26 Suomi, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  7. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    its just a question of whether you like your own body or not, you dont have to drag race into every single thing. people are allowed to think of their body and their attitude towards others opinions of theirs however they want

8. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No no, you don't understand. It wasn't just based on race.

He made a statement sort of speaking for everyone else, saying you should love your body and not care what other people think, and I just seemed based on who he is, that's easy for him to say that.

For other people they can't have that same attitude about it always.

We are judged on things we can't change on how we look by other people.

#28 Suomi, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  9. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    you can simply not care what other people think regardless of race. its not like their voice is inside your head and you have to listen to it. its the same as everything else. all people are judged based on race regardless of what race they are, sexuality regardless of what sexuality they are, gender regardless of what gender they are, their appearance is constantly being judged whether they are ugly or stunning, their personality is always being judged in what someone does and does not like.

"thats easy for him to say" yes I see what your using about him to state that, your saying its easy for him to say that because he's white. when white people are also being constantly judged, verbally attacked and even refused based on the fact they are white, you just simply arn't looking for it because it doesnt apply to you. the same goes the other way around, I dont see racism towards black people much, because im not black and im not looking for it, it doesnt apply to me, sure ill check someone when they do it but im not looking for it or directly experiencing it. there are constant white people jokes about being incompetent or idiotic and bad at everything, the cause of all the worlds problems, your own problems are devalued by people all the time because they simply say "because your white, that automatically makes you privileged so you can never have problems, they arn't real". you are, surprisingly enough, refused by potential dates because they "dont like white people" and nobody bats an eye lid at any of this, its completely socially acceptable apparently, all white people ever are usually blamed for everything any white person does to someone who isnt white regardless of motives. people are judged heavily based on so many different things apart from this, infact race is not commonly an issue with the majority (there are assholes out there, but generally being refused based on race is a huge red alert for "they are an asshole stay away" so at least one knows upfront instead of later). look at me for example, im autistic for one, the autism is usually noticeable to people from the way I act, how I just dont get how to do body language so what I do looks unnatural and almost forced (which it is, in an effort to fit in) or the way I talk. people judge me on this on a daily basis, nobody wants to be friends with someone like me or in a relationship, they see it as too much effort when they can just get a normal person and the relationship is easier, they dont have to deal with the countless problems they'd encounter with an autistic person, and we arn't very appealing at all and hard to connect with. yet by this rule, because im white, it'd be totally easy for me to say to just ignore it, because im white so this is automatically much less of a problem right? even though race doesnt effect autism at all or how it presents itself/causes problems for you.

my point is that everyone is judged for everything, being a certain race or gender or personality or not having something or having something. and everyone can just not care what other people think of them, nothing makes it easier or harder its just how far something gets to you, and if you can help yourself not let it get to you as much then thats the point, it doesnt matter who you are or what you look like your just as valid in saying it.

10. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    skin color has nothing to do with what I said we are all treated poorly over many things

11. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I made a helpful statement coming from the perspective of a once 20 year old that hated his body and that it took many years to feel the way I do. Much abuse happened to me. It seems there are a lot of judgements in your statements, for you know very little about me. I was not a telling statement it was words of wisdom from a 55 year old man no matter what my skin color is and from a lifetime of learning to accept my body.

12. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, way to bring race into a body image thread. Well, if you started it, then I guess I could let you in on the fact that I hate my light skinned, pale body and the only time I feel not totally uncomfortable about it is summer, when I can fix it with a tan. I'd give anything to have a darker complexion.

Otherwise, I don't really like my body shape, I think I need to lose a few pounds and hit the gym for a couple of months to be confident next summer.

13. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    we are all learning

love each other for who we are and do not attack others on here
    this is a loving supporting community

words can hurt too

it is in the rules people

assuming and projecting are not truths

we are in this together

14. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, (copied from the rules)
    it is about links but it implies what we write to others on here too

If you read my post none of what was said reflected the comments about me being white, hence the word sometimes which means we have to not always let others influence how we feel about our selves. This was not telling others what they should do, but suggesting another way to look at dealing with how others feel about how we look or feel.

15. MadDog

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay this took an unnecessary turn!
    By starting this thread i just wanted people to know they shouldn't feel pressured to love their body the way it is, and it's okay to have insecurities.
    I get really happy seeing people opening up about their insecurities cause it makes everyone feel better when you see other people deal with the same thing as you. Just like here in EP you read stories about what other people deal with and you feel like you're not alone.

16. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    dont worry :slight_smile: , its just what the guy who started this does, he brings race into everything like its the cause of every problem ever and nothings his fault. and now he's used it to attack another user which you could have never known would happen.

its interesting though, this thread, that a lot seem to either not be okay with it or just try not to care, like a sort of owning it attitude. its seems that the minority are the people who are completely fine with their body and like it.

17. MadDog

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks for clearing that up

18. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have any body insecurities.

My body is not conventionally attractive, I'm overweight after all, but I just don't waste time caring about that. The right person doesn't care, and people who care are not people I waste my time on.

Most of my insecurities are purely mental- personality, life experience, etc.

19. Loves books

I don't like my weight or my teeth or my skin. But I like my hair and my eyes. I hate how young I look. The look of utter suprise on people's faces when I tell them I'm 25 would be funny if it wasn't so insulting. Today alone I had a scribe for a test I had to do and found out she thought I looked 15. That was in college where minimum age is 17. Bonus side is no one knows I'm a mature student because I don't look it.

20. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, but people still judge you. Whether you ignore what they say, or don't. When I am treated otherwise, by people within the fucking LGBT community for starters, I'll be Disney and Happy Happy Joy about it. Until then, nope.

Look, white privilege exists. Sorry. If you can't get that, then it's best to just leave it alone.

I'm also autistic as well for your information. So you being a white autistic person, you are still above the ladder than me being a black autistic person. So it's fucked up.

#40 Suomi, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017