1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post something nice/happy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I saw a really disturbing film recently and the same scenes keep replaying in my head, over and over, and I fear that if I don't take a break from this then I may never sleep well again.

I've tried thinking about all sorts, even happy Christmas songs, but I always think about it in the end. It's mainly shock, I didn't expect such a gory scene to appear in the movie, and it was clearly just put in for shock value.

It was a sequel, and although the original was violent/brutal it was often quick paced and almost cartoonish, whereas the sequel was slower, and made you watch in horror unthinkable things.

Showing an exceptionally gory scene, with detail, and then just switching to a happy scene, and then back to the gory scene which proceeds to get worse (I did wonder whether to just walk out, but at the time I was worried my friends would judge me, although they did anyway because I looked away at times since I couldn't bear to look).

How on Earth it was a 15 is beyond me. I'm 18 and usually I'm fine with things rated 15, but I walked out the cinema after watching that and felt emotionally scarred.

Mainly because it addressed a fear of mine that I've been fighting through for a long time, and now thanks to that film it's back and I'm worried that I'm going to fall into bad habits again.

This is why I don't like psychological horror, and for a quick paced comedy about spies, I was not expecting a sequel that barbaric, sadistic and shocking.

I don't mind a bit of slapstick violence, but when it comes to people dying unimaginably painful deaths in horrific detail, that's where I draw the line.

Granted, some people joke that I would make everything an 18 if I had the chance, since I'm something of a sensitive person, but that film definitely needs to be an 18. It's practically a horror movie with the detail it goes into.

I find it hard to move on from things. This can be good because it means I can study something in detail for a while until I get bored, or write a story that almost feels real since I include details as well as the big picture.

But when it comes to moving on from something like this, not matter how many times I tell myself it isn't real and I'm safe, it's hard to leave it alone.

That's why I made this thread, hopefully talking about it will help, and I'm also hoping to see some things that will hopefully cheer me up temporarily. :slight_smile:

TL;DR, I saw a disturbing film, and I could do with some cheering up. Please post something happy. Thank you.

2. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's a couple of songs I listen to whenever I need an emotional pick-me-up:

Hope these help!:slight_smile:

3. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, the first one doesn't appear to be working, and when I click to see it in YouTube it just saying that it is unavailable. I liked the second one though, very catchy! :slight_smile:

4. faultyink

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

the song call on me (ryan riback remix) by starley is super happy and i listen to it whenever i need something positive!!

#4 faultyink, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  5. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmm... Try this one. It's a live version of the same song.

6. Aven

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I find this song uplifting and well .... glorious.

7. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn, how have I not heard this song before? So good!

8. LittleStargazer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
  9. Shoei Loei

Shoei Loei Guest

Yesss, I love this song & video!
    Plus it was literally filmed in my hometown haha...Macklemore’s grandma lives in my town, and they came and filmed the video and everything, but I completely missed it lol. So much regret. Really beautiful video though.

10. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
  11. SeulgiBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian